Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At My Wits End with Capital One!

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: At My Wits End with Capital One!

One reason I walked away from any and all branded Cap-1 cards is because there are layers and layers of BS before anyone will say "no" in my case. I'm treated very well with my Cap-1 backed GM card, but other than that I've closed every card I had with them and not that I've been a banking cusatomer with Cap-1 for over 10 years.... didn't matter. I have stong scores, a very good income and ZERO derogs, but Cap-1 could care less. Better for all my better account I suppose....

Message 11 of 24
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

All CS calls are recorded.  Have them review the tapes.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 12 of 24
joesbrat67
Contributor

@JustBPatient wrote:

After about a month of phone calls and speaking with various supervisors, I FINALLY received the correct card, which is the QS WMC that I was advised I was eligible for. Needless to say, no one consumer should EVER have to go through the hassle of being told that they're eligible for an upgrade, be sent the wrong card and then be told that the upgrade offer couldn't have happened because "that's not what we're allowed to do".

Persistence does pay off.  It also helps when you take very meticulous notes indicating dates, times, who you spoke to and what was discussed.  Smiley Happy

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 13 of 24
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@joesbrat67 wrote:

@JustBPatient wrote:

After about a month of phone calls and speaking with various supervisors, I FINALLY received the correct card, which is the QS WMC that I was advised I was eligible for. Needless to say, no one consumer should EVER have to go through the hassle of being told that they're eligible for an upgrade, be sent the wrong card and then be told that the upgrade offer couldn't have happened because "that's not what we're allowed to do".

Persistence does pay off.  It also helps when you take very meticulous notes indicating dates, times, who you spoke to and what was discussed.  Smiley Happy

Nice man. I'm happy for you. I'm in the exact same situation as you- CapOne QS platinum and 7k limit for years. The difference is that I was told they cannot change my card from Visa Platinum to MasterCard. They said I have to product change to another their mile earning MasterCard before changing back to QS MasterCard if I'm eligible for it then....  Lucky You!! Was the conversion create a new account for you or the account number was the same? No inquiry I assume? Maybe I should call them again about this later.

Message 14 of 24
joesbrat67
Contributor

@csryang wrote:

@joesbrat67 wrote:

@JustBPatient wrote:

Nice man. I'm happy for you. I'm in the exact same situation as you- CapOne QS platinum and 7k limit for years. The difference is that I was told they cannot change my card from Visa Platinum to MasterCard. They said I have to product change to another their mile earning MasterCard before changing back to QS MasterCard if I'm eligible for it then....  Lucky You!! Was the conversion create a new account for you or the account number was the same? No inquiry I assume? Maybe I should call them again about this later.

The upgrade didn't change the account number, which may or may not cause issues down the road.  My understanding is that MC recognizes the World or World Elite status from the BIN # (the first 6-digits of the card #), so I'm not sure how MC will see the update.  As for an inquiry, none has occurred - at least, no hard pull has occurred.

Hope this helps!

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesbrat67 wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@joesbrat67 wrote:

@JustBPatient wrote:

The upgrade didn't change the account number, which may or may not cause issues down the road.  My understanding is that MC recognizes the World or World Elite status from the BIN # (the first 6-digits of the card #), so I'm not sure how MC will see the update.  As for an inquiry, none has occurred - at least, no hard pull has occurred.

Hope this helps!

Based on my experience they rarely change the account number if not at all. As long as your card / account says WMC it should populate with MasterCard as well. 

Message 16 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Really?  Another CapOne has pissed me off story?  I don't believe it!  Really, no really, no ha ha, really, oh OK I believe it.....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 17 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

Although I have never asked a C1 CSR to upgrade or PC a card, I have had great service from them dealing with my accounts over the past 3 years. Not all CSR's are created equal (I must have been lucky).

Message 18 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elim wrote:

Although I have never asked a C1 CSR to upgrade or PC a card, I have had great service from them dealing with my accounts over the past 3 years. Not all CSR's are created equal (I must have been lucky).

Same here... while my QS1 to QS upgrade took forever for an 'offer' to become available, I've actually always had good service when I've called or chatted.  Admittedly I seldom have to contact any of my lenders, but the few times I have reached out to Cap One things went well.

Message 19 of 24
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

Same here... while my QS1 to QS upgrade took forever for an 'offer' to become available, I've actually always had good service when I've called or chatted.  Admittedly I seldom have to contact any of my lenders, but the few times I have reached out to Cap One things went well.

Ditto. Still waiting for the QS1 to QS PC option to come available but my QS1 is less than a year old and was a starter card afterall. Bottom line is I've had a pretty good experience with them... so far

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.