Did you mean: 

At My Wits End with Capital One!

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: At My Wits End with Capital One!

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

Although I have never asked a C1 CSR to upgrade or PC a card, I have had great service from them dealing with my accounts over the past 3 years. Not all CSR's are created equal (I must have been lucky).

Same here... while my QS1 to QS upgrade took forever for an 'offer' to become available, I've actually always had good service when I've called or chatted.  Admittedly I seldom have to contact any of my lenders, but the few times I have reached out to Cap One things went well.

One reason I have a lot of accounts from a lot of different lenders is so I don't have to deal with nonsense - even if its my perceived nonsense. I have no use for Cap-1 branded cards nor any Comenity card. That said if Blarclays or Chase or BoA or whatever lender starts balance chasing me or the like, I'll close them in a second. It helps when you have a very thick file and a ton of cards. Frankly I'm too old and stubborn to put up with bad service. 

Message 21 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pipeguy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

Although I have never asked a C1 CSR to upgrade or PC a card, I have had great service from them dealing with my accounts over the past 3 years. Not all CSR's are created equal (I must have been lucky).

Same here... while my QS1 to QS upgrade took forever for an 'offer' to become available, I've actually always had good service when I've called or chatted.  Admittedly I seldom have to contact any of my lenders, but the few times I have reached out to Cap One things went well.

One reason I have a lot of accounts from a lot of different lenders is so I don't have to deal with nonsense - even if its my perceived nonsense. I have no use for Cap-1 branded cards nor any Comenity card. That said if Blarclays or Chase or BoA or whatever lender starts balance chasing me or the like, I'll close them in a second. It helps when you have a very thick file and a ton of cards. Frankly I'm too old and stubborn to put up with bad service. 

Well said.  Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 24
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

I have to agree with UncleB, I've had nothing but good experiences with CapOne. I'm by no means a CapOne fanboy but I have always had greats CSR's. The one CSR sent me travel books when I called in to ask for an account change and while chatting mentioned I was going to Europe and she said her son who she said was my age also was in Europe and we built a rapport that quick. Anyway, all my cards but 1 are a WEMC or VS and I've never used a benefit directly related to those designations that isn't a standard benefit. Not to say I won't at some point and I'd prefer to have them than not but I won't go through that for one lol.

I can imagine how infuriating that ordeal was. I hope in the long run it was worth it but I strongly doubt you'll ever recoup the aggravation you endured for a WMC.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 23 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have been happy with Cap One but there are absolutely some reps that have no clue.

I was upgraded from QS MasterCard to Venture World MasterCard.

I cannot seem to get the WEMC though.

I also cannot get a metal card (probably since it is a WMC not Visa.)

It was all but imposible to get sent a "non-image" card after I went to an image card for WMC Venture.

I guess I am rare.  Smiley Wink

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.