cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

TheCynicalOne wrote:
Oh, see? That's what happens when someone screws up the quotes in a post.  Scoppe misposted and then the next post was misposted with the quote making it seem like you were an amex employee.  lol

Can you confirm Amex has any new policy with CLIs?
Message 31 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:
Oh, see? That's what happens when someone screws up the quotes in a post.  Scoppe misposted and then the next post was misposted with the quote making it seem like you were an amex employee.  lol

Can you confirm Amex has any new policy with CLIs?

I just checked with a customer service supervisor, called over there thirty seconds ago, and was advised it's every 30 days, there has been no change to six months policy.
Message 32 of 63
fused
Moderator Emeritus

So we are back to square one. I'm going to go online and request a small CLI on my Blue card and see what happens.
Message 33 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I just got off the phone with Amex about my request for CLI.
I was told that I would have to wait 6 months from my last increase
before an additional CLI would be considered. He told me that this went into effect
at the end of September, or at least that is when he was informed of the new rules that
went into effect for AMEX. It was indeed every 30 days before then, but the rules
have now changed. SO I would recommend that anyone going for a CLI and meeting the new
requirements, Reach for the stars!!!! DON'T BE SHY!!!!
I guess my 5K will have to do for another 5 months.
I guess I wont be able to reap the rewards on my BLUE CASH from my planned Disney trip for the wife and 4 yr old. unless I make a payment three days into the vacation and charge up the remaining !!! Laugh
Message 34 of 63
fused
Moderator Emeritus

We now seem to be heading towards a consensus here.
Message 35 of 63
kclb
Regular Contributor

heh. just took a peak at my online bill. looks like it came out already. almost $300 for my first bill. ahhhh. feels great to finally see a bill from amex. Smiley Wink oh baby! i wanna build up some massive history with these guys!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 36 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope things start going well about Amex and FR's!
Message 37 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
So we are back to square one. I'm going to go online and request a small CLI on my Blue card and see what happens.

Well fused, did you do it?

Message 38 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I got my CLI last couple of weeks. Was the stopping point until last quarter of next year anyway.
Message 39 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

$23,000 is my stoping point
Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.