cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!
Message 51 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!

Yep, I'm aware of that.  Maybe I should spell out my plan a little more clearly Smiley Tongue

I've had the card about 5 weeks.  Even though I'm eligible for CLI request after 30 days, I'm waiting 3 months.

I understand that I will then have to wait 6 months for another request.  So I will request another one after 6 months.

Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 04:55 PM
Message 52 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

Yep, I'm aware of that.  Maybe I should spell out my plan a little more clearly Smiley Tongue

I've had the card about 5 weeks.  Even though I'm eligible for CLI request after 30 days, I'm waiting 3 months.

I understand that I will then have to wait 6 months for another request.  So I will request another one after 6 months.

Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.
Message 53 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:

cheddar wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.

Nah, I'm not waiting til 3 months from now, I'm waiting til I've had the card three months.  Just trying to go the conservative route, but at the same time, dealing with my $1K CL with them is going to get to be a real PITA, especially considering that I'm charging and PIFing about 60% of my CL per week.  I'm hoping they get the hint that I need a CLI pronto, when I finally do request it.

Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 05:00 PM
Message 54 of 63
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

netpanther wrote:Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.

This is DD#1's plan on her new Blue Sky. She did a 0% BT on activation which will be paid off in month 4, and she will ask for a CLI then.

Question: can you do a product change as late as 4 months after getting a card, and having used it? She's not sure that she has enough travel in her immediate future for the Blue Sky to do much good. The plain old Blue might be better for her.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 55 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.
Message 56 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

netpanther wrote:Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.

This is DD#1's plan on her new Blue Sky. She did a 0% BT on activation which will be paid off in month 4, and she will ask for a CLI then.

Question: can you do a product change as late as 4 months after getting a card, and having used it? She's not sure that she has enough travel in her immediate future for the Blue Sky to do much good. The plain old Blue might be better for her.

I have seen posts where product change was successful many, many months after receiving the card.  I believe you can do it at any time.

Message 57 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.

Oh i got ya.  But if that's the case, there would have to be some sort of "expiration date" for your window of opportunity to request an initial CLI.  Not sure how that would work.

We know you have to wait at least 30 days after activation to request a CLI.  Once you've done that, how long would you have before the "6 month rule" kicks in?

My understanding was that a CLI can be requested any time after 30 days, and that the next CLI has to be at least 6 months from the previous CLI.  Not sure how that 6 month rule would apply if there's never been a previous CLI.

Message 58 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

Oh i got ya.  But if that's the case, there would have to be some sort of "expiration date" for your window of opportunity to request an initial CLI.  Not sure how that would work.

We know you have to wait at least 30 days after activation to request a CLI.  Once you've done that, how long would you have before the "6 month rule" kicks in?

My understanding was that a CLI can be requested any time after 30 days, and that the next CLI has to be at least 6 months from the previous CLI.  Not sure how that 6 month rule would apply if there's never been a previous CLI.

oh, now i understand you train of thought. good question! sorry, maybe scoppe can chime in (he's an amex employee) and give us some clarification.
Message 59 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's confusion here. I got my Blue in Oct. Just this week I requested my first CLI and got it.

dnm45227 wrote:

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.