Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

TheCynicalOne wrote:
Oh, see? That's what happens when someone screws up the quotes in a post.  Scoppe misposted and then the next post was misposted with the quote making it seem like you were an amex employee.  lol

Can you confirm Amex has any new policy with CLIs?
Credit Profile - FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 27 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: TU 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring World Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Signature Visa ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Frequent Contributor

fused wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:
Oh, see? That's what happens when someone screws up the quotes in a post.  Scoppe misposted and then the next post was misposted with the quote making it seem like you were an amex employee.  lol

Can you confirm Amex has any new policy with CLIs?

I just checked with a customer service supervisor, called over there thirty seconds ago, and was advised it's every 30 days, there has been no change to six months policy.
Time is credit's best friend...it can heal any wound.
Moderator Emeritus

So we are back to square one. I'm going to go online and request a small CLI on my Blue card and see what happens.
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring World Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Signature Visa ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Established Member

Well, I just got off the phone with Amex about my request for CLI.
I was told that I would have to wait 6 months from my last increase
before an additional CLI would be considered. He told me that this went into effect
at the end of September, or at least that is when he was informed of the new rules that
went into effect for AMEX. It was indeed every 30 days before then, but the rules
have now changed. SO I would recommend that anyone going for a CLI and meeting the new
requirements, Reach for the stars!!!! DON'T BE SHY!!!!
I guess my 5K will have to do for another 5 months.
I guess I wont be able to reap the rewards on my BLUE CASH from my planned Disney trip for the wife and 4 yr old. unless I make a payment three days into the vacation and charge up the remaining !!! Laugh
Moderator Emeritus

We now seem to be heading towards a consensus here.

Regular Contributor

heh. just took a peak at my online bill. looks like it came out already. almost $300 for my first bill. ahhhh. feels great to finally see a bill from amex. Smiley Wink oh baby! i wanna build up some massive history with these guys!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.

I hope things start going well about Amex and FR's!
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:
So we are back to square one. I'm going to go online and request a small CLI on my Blue card and see what happens.

Well fused, did you do it?

Valued Contributor

Glad I got my CLI last couple of weeks. Was the stopping point until last quarter of next year anyway.

$23,000 is my stoping point

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.