Reply
Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

[ Edited ]


dnm45227 wrote:
cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!


Yep, I'm aware of that.  Maybe I should spell out my plan a little more clearly :smileytongue:
 
I've had the card about 5 weeks.  Even though I'm eligible for CLI request after 30 days, I'm waiting 3 months.
 
I understand that I will then have to wait 6 months for another request.  So I will request another one after 6 months.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 04:55 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
netpanther
Posts: 1,694
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....



cheddar wrote:


dnm45227 wrote:
cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!


Yep, I'm aware of that.  Maybe I should spell out my plan a little more clearly :smileytongue:
 
I've had the card about 5 weeks.  Even though I'm eligible for CLI request after 30 days, I'm waiting 3 months.
 
I understand that I will then have to wait 6 months for another request.  So I will request another one after 6 months.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 04:55 PM

Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

[ Edited ]


netpanther wrote:


cheddar wrote:


dnm45227 wrote:
cheddar, they just changed policy. cli's requesta are now 30 days after obtaining card, then every 6 months only!


Yep, I'm aware of that.  Maybe I should spell out my plan a little more clearly :smileytongue:
 
I've had the card about 5 weeks.  Even though I'm eligible for CLI request after 30 days, I'm waiting 3 months.
 
I understand that I will then have to wait 6 months for another request.  So I will request another one after 6 months.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 04:55 PM

Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.


Nah, I'm not waiting til 3 months from now, I'm waiting til I've had the card three months.  Just trying to go the conservative route, but at the same time, dealing with my $1K CL with them is going to get to be a real PITA, especially considering that I'm charging and PIFing about 60% of my CL per week.  I'm hoping they get the hint that I need a CLI pronto, when I finally do request it.
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 12-16-2007 05:00 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,115
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....


netpanther wrote:Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.

This is DD#1's plan on her new Blue Sky. She did a 0% BT on activation which will be paid off in month 4, and she will ask for a CLI then.

Question: can you do a product change as late as 4 months after getting a card, and having used it? She's not sure that she has enough travel in her immediate future for the Blue Sky to do much good. The plain old Blue might be better for her.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....



haulingthescoreup wrote:

netpanther wrote:Again, sounds like an excellent plan. So you will ask for the CLI actually after four mos- which is over one quarter, and then you will wait an additional 6 mos which sounds good.

This is DD#1's plan on her new Blue Sky. She did a 0% BT on activation which will be paid off in month 4, and she will ask for a CLI then.

Question: can you do a product change as late as 4 months after getting a card, and having used it? She's not sure that she has enough travel in her immediate future for the Blue Sky to do much good. The plain old Blue might be better for her.

I have seen posts where product change was successful many, many months after receiving the card.  I believe you can do it at any time.
 

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....



dnm45227 wrote:
my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.



Oh i got ya.  But if that's the case, there would have to be some sort of "expiration date" for your window of opportunity to request an initial CLI.  Not sure how that would work.
 
We know you have to wait at least 30 days after activation to request a CLI.  Once you've done that, how long would you have before the "6 month rule" kicks in?
 
My understanding was that a CLI can be requested any time after 30 days, and that the next CLI has to be at least 6 months from the previous CLI.  Not sure how that 6 month rule would apply if there's never been a previous CLI.
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....



cheddar wrote:


dnm45227 wrote:
my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.



Oh i got ya.  But if that's the case, there would have to be some sort of "expiration date" for your window of opportunity to request an initial CLI.  Not sure how that would work.
 
We know you have to wait at least 30 days after activation to request a CLI.  Once you've done that, how long would you have before the "6 month rule" kicks in?
 
My understanding was that a CLI can be requested any time after 30 days, and that the next CLI has to be at least 6 months from the previous CLI.  Not sure how that 6 month rule would apply if there's never been a previous CLI.
 


oh, now i understand you train of thought. good question! sorry, maybe scoppe can chime in (he's an amex employee) and give us some clarification.
Established Contributor
Anderson
Posts: 716
Registered: ‎06-03-2007
0

Re: Attempted Amex CL increase but found out they changed the rules....

There's confusion here. I got my Blue in Oct. Just this week I requested my first CLI and got it.

dnm45227 wrote:
my point being since you have already lapsed the 30 day period you may not be eligable to request a cli, now or 3 months from now (4 months total since you obtained the card). you may have to wait the full 6 months at this point.




myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+