Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention AMEX Oasis Optima Cardholders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attention AMEX Oasis Optima Cardholders

I have some good news, and no I didn't just save a bunch of money on my car insurance.

DW had an AMEX Gold that went into collection in 2005.

We made last payment on the debt in April, she got the Oasis Optima offer in May, applied and got the CC ($1300 CL), then promptly applied for Delta ($2K CL) and Green and got both of 'em.

Sent off a GW letter to AMEX, and they deleted the Gold collection from all 3 CRAs. Collection could have remained until 2012, and gone.

Yee-hah!

If you have an Oasis, and the defaulted PIF AMEX CC is still on your CRs, GW it.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Attention AMEX Oasis Optima Cardholders

Right on!
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow.great.....some of those cc' company are really nice...(sometimes)Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 36
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I have some good news, and no I didn't just save a bunch of money on my car insurance.

DW had an AMEX Gold that went into collection in 2005.

We made last payment on the debt in April, she got the Oasis Optima offer in May, applied and got the CC ($1300 CL), then promptly applied for Delta ($2K CL) and Green and got both of 'em.

Sent off a GW letter to AMEX, and they deleted the Gold collection from all 3 CRAs. Collection could have remained until 2012, and gone.

Yee-hah!

If you have an Oasis, and the defaulted PIF AMEX CC is still on your CRs, GW it.

Great job..I just got my optima too. Can you post your Goodwill letter so I can send it to them as well.  Can I have the address you sent to as well. I sent one before I received my Optima and they said "we can only put paid in full but the derogatory remarks will stay"
Also did you get a new TL with the Optima or did they continue from the old card. My new Optima say Memeber since '98 which is when I got my first Amex card.

TIA

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Optima is a new TL. DW's AMEX CCs show member since 2000.

Posted the GW letter on page 4 of the sample letter thread.

Take a look at my GW Primer. You don't wanna use a GW letter word for word, but try reading all the GW letters you can find to get a feel for the art and science of GW.

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah....funny you said that about the car insurance.....I just switched mine on August 1....and I am saving money.....about 85.00 a month!!!!
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW got her AMEX Delta luv bumped from $2,000 up to $3,500

Just 4 months ago, we paid off final payment of her defaulted AMEX. Today that adverse TL is gone, 3 good AMEX TLs, an AMEX Green, and $4,800 in available AMEX CL.

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
DW got her AMEX Delta luv bumped from $2,000 up to $3,500

Just 4 months ago, we paid off final payment of her defaulted AMEX. Today that adverse TL is gone, 3 good AMEX TLs, an AMEX Green, and $4,800 in available AMEX CL.

Good job you deserve it...........
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job and congratulations to the Mrs. too!!  :smileyhappy

The kindness and time that you give to others has a boomerang effect!! 

Wtg Noah!! 

SandyK
Message 9 of 36
Takunda1
Established Contributor

YAY!!!! WTG

Noah thanks so much. After getting my Optima Amex through the OASIS program I wrote Amex as you did and asked them to delete the old tradeline because of all the derogatory info on it. Well I got a letter today and guess what... they accepted my request so I guess that tradeline is going to be gone soon.

To add icing on the cake. I also got a letter from Chase with the same result I faxed a GW letter to them 2 weeks ago. They are deleting my derogatory tradeline. I reminded Chase how long I have been their client (checking & savings accounts) and they have said they will delete. Good day today.Smiley Happy 
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.