Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Discover It Cardholders

tag
catienza15
Established Member

Re: Attention Discover It Cardholders

It's available  now. Just requested a chip card. Expedited with no additional charge.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jatienza15/library/?sort=3&page=1
Message 81 of 217
yfan
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

Let you use your Discover card overseas "again"?  Anyone who uses a Discover card overseas is either blessed by God, or lucky to the point where they need to buy a lottery ticket.

I will buy my lottery tickets tomorrow, but the truth is that Discover is actually widely accepted in Europe. You don't ask the merchants if they accept it, you just slide and it will go through the vast majority of the time. I was in 4 citis in Europe this summer and used Discover successfully in all of them. The point has already been made here about widespread acceptance in Japan and China. My mother was in India last month and she successfully used her Discover card pretty much everywhere they accepted credit cards. China, India, Japan. Just 3 countries, sure. But you could also look at it as more than a quarter (almost a third, actually) of the world's population.

@core wrote:

Let's not get tangled up in international discussions.  Nobody in their right mind would use Discover overseas even if allowed.  So your arguments are not valid.  The Cap One QS has no exchange fee and 1.5% cash back so it comes way ahead of any Discover when in Rome.  If that's all you had.

The suggestion that anyone who doesn't chase after 0.5% extra rewards is "not in their right mind", or that their argument is "invalid" is a little bizarre. One may simply prefer their relationship with Discover, one may not like Capital One, etc... there could be a million reasons why one may want to use a Discover card over a Capital One QS.

Message 82 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spoke to Heather. She said my card will be rushed delivery. Unfortunately since they don't ship via weekend it will arrive by Tuesday. She also signed me up for 5% on gas, travel etc... up to the 1st $1500. It starts January. Thanks again OP!

Message 83 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just PC'd over to Discover It. Supposedly the new card will be chip-enabled already when they mail it after the end of the current billing cycle, but we'll see.

Message 84 of 217
yfan
Valued Contributor

Just requested mine! They are sending it out!

Message 85 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

yfan wrote:

core wrote:

Let you use your Discover card overseas "again"?  Anyone who uses a Discover card overseas is either blessed by God, or lucky to the point where they need to buy a lottery ticket.

I will buy my lottery tickets tomorrow, but the truth is that Discover is actually widely accepted in Europe. You don't ask the merchants if they accept it, you just slide and it will go through the vast majority of the time. I was in 4 citis in Europe this summer and used Discover successfully in all of them. The point has already been made here about widespread acceptance in Japan and China. My mother was in India last month and she successfully used her Discover card pretty much everywhere they accepted credit cards. China, India, Japan. Just 3 countries, sure. But you could also look at it as more than a quarter (almost a third, actually) of the world's population.

This is good to hear as I will be travelling internationally next week. 

Also, just requested my card. It's being overnighted to me. Smiley Tongue
Only available in blue right now though.

Message 86 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@core wrote:

This is good to hear as I will be travelling internationally next week. 

Also, just requested my card. It's being overnighted to me. Smiley Tongue
Only available in blue right now though.

Not a surprise, other are getting rid of options when they issue chip cards (Citi with the Forward - down from four designs to one, and the ugliest one, too; Capital One with the Image Card; I think there are some others too)

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 87 of 217
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Ordered my card and will arrive by Fedex . I was told that the chip card only comes in Powder Blue right now, the other colors will be avail in Jan I have the burgundy garnet color now which I like . Oh well I can always call back and switch
Message 88 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you can request it online now. When you click 'add card' it doesn't even show the other designs anymore. 

Makes sense. No point to still issue non-EMV cards.

Message 89 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like you can request it online now. When you click 'add card' it doesn't even show the other designs anymore. 

Makes sense. No point to still issue non-EMV cards.

Not an option on my account, I'm guessing this happens AFTER you've requested your account be moved to a chip card.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 90 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.