Re: Attention Discover It Cardholders

Others have MUCH more...

Message 104 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone requested over the phone and tried seeing if they had chips on the other designs?

I didn't ask, but I was told that only one design - the blue standard one - is available with a chip.

It appears to be slightly different, without the orange accent colour on the "it" - regardless, yes. What I wonder is - is this the end of designs, or will it be like the it itself, where they gradually introduce more options?

They may decide options are no longer worth it. 1. they reduce consistiency/recognisability of the brand and 2. someone who wants all the options will cost them even more with chip cards.

On the other hand, I'd expect at least their affinity card options will still be offered. I doubt we will ever see a return to the days of old, too bad because my pink monogram card was one of my favourite designs.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 105 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to miss the NYC skyline that I have on my card. But TBH the Discover It default one looks a lot nicer.

Message 106 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on requesting from chat

I'll miss the little orange part on "it" 

to 

Message 107 of 217
SpendWisely
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 on requesting from chat

I'll miss the little orange part on "it" 

to 

Thanks for sharing the card art. Called earlier today and the CSR was thrilled I was requesting the card. Requested to expedite shipment, and it will arrive in 24-48 hours. Wish they'd do away with the tacky brushed metal design, but good to see they're finally adding an EMV chip, nonetheless. Hopefully Apple Pay is next on their to-do list.

Message 110 of 217
Commutator
Valued Member

Discover just rolled out EMV chips

I happened to ask if they have any cards that come with the chip, and apparently they just rolled it out today! It's only available with the default metallic design though.

Message 108 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover just rolled out EMV chips

I magically got first post in both threads Smiley Tongue

Message 109 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.