Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Discover It Cardholders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attention Discover It Cardholders

I wonder if you can choose any color. I really like the chrome.

Message 131 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if you can choose any color. I really like the chrome.

No, the chome-coloured cards are for those who actually have their lower end "Discover It Chome" product.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 132 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, OK. I logged online an I am receiving the bluish color one. Do you know what tier mines is?

Message 133 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, OK. I logged online an I am receiving the bluish color one. Do you know what tier mines is?

If you're getting the blue one, that means you have the Discover IT(5% Cashback).

Message 134 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, the IT card is what I have. Same as your siggy. I didn't know there were lower an upper level "IT" cards. I really like the maroon ones.

Message 135 of 217
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct, the IT card is what I have. Same as your siggy. I didn't know there were lower an upper level "IT" cards. I really like the maroon ones.

You can look at the IT card designs and I am sure out of their options Discover has  you can find one or even multiple ones that you like. I have 3 different ones for each of my wallets (US, Europe and travel wallet) ..😊. PS garnet red is similar and looks nice Smiley Happy

Message 136 of 217
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can look at the IT card designs and I am sure out of their options Discover has  you can find one or even multiple ones that you like. I have 3 different ones for each of my wallets (US, Europe and travel wallet) ..😊. PS garnet red is similar and looks nice Smiley Happy

Well... not for now since the EMV Cards are only in one design at this time.

Message 137 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Chrome is fairly new and not commonly advertised. It loses the 5% categories but gains a couple year-round 2% categories. Nothing appealing at all. I'm not sure who the Chrome is for, but I imagine the underwriting standards are lower?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 138 of 217
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Chrome is fairly new and not commonly advertised. It loses the 5% categories but gains a couple year-round 2% categories. Nothing appealing at all. I'm not sure who the Chrome is for, but I imagine the underwriting standards are lower?

The Chrome is very underrated around here.  I did some calculations with my spending history, and it outearned the rotating category card.  During some of the quarters, I just don't spend much in the bonus category (e.g., home improvement).

Message 139 of 217
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Simba501 wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Chrome is very underrated around here.  I did some calculations with my spending history, and it outearned the rotating category card.  During some of the quarters, I just don't spend much in the bonus category (e.g., home improvement).

Those are the quarters you don't use the Discover card. You can't look at the Discover card in a solitary manner like that, Discover is a card that is ideally used *ONLY* for the 5% category spend.

Message 140 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.