Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention, WalMart Shoppers!!!

tag
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Attention, WalMart Shoppers!!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Applied online the Nov 19th, got the dreaded 7-10 day response, then yesterday got a dreaded address verification letter, called today instead of sending the info as requested, after a series multiple choice questions, approved $2500.00 oh my gosh.  Service rep was so quiet and reserved while taking the answers so there I was thinking this doesn't sound good and after her low keyed congratulations with the amount I freaked and started hopping around the room and thanked her for making my Christmas.   

Now, if only that dang Hooters would be so gracious, biting what's left of my nails.   Seems like when you are watching the mailbox - mail never runs!

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Re: Attention, WalMart Shoppers!!!

Congrats!!!!!

I may apply! lol

i got the dreaded verification letter from Hooters/Merrick

they working me over with that!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 2 of 22
BRH3
Regular Contributor

I applied about the same time and only got a $300 CL. Congrats on your big CL.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good 4 you.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a lot of talk about the Wal-Mart card...and this would obviously qualify as a "store card" isn't that correct?  It's not going to be like a Target Visa and be considered a bank card?  I've been meaning to add a store card to the mix and I'm at Wal-Mart at least three times a month.  As I'm sure, everyone is...lol.  But question...what are the benefits of this card?  Any rebates?  what's up?  Sorry, I haven't paid much attention to this card until I've been hearing good news about it.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the OP got the Discover.  Don't think they approve store cards with that limit. If it is the Discover card it is indeed a bank card.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-30-2007 03:16 PM
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
I think the OP got the Discover.  Don't think they approve store cards with that limit. If it is the Discover card it is indeed a bank card.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-30-2007 03:16 PM

Dang.  Too bad.  It would almost be worth it to have a crappy store card to diversify things if I could get a limit that high.

Oh well...
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that it could be a regular store card, my hubbys Sams Club card has a 10,000.00 limit and it is the store card not the Discover.  Tks Vicki
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be shocked if it is.  WalMart is not know n for that type of generosity on their store card and usually consider you fo the Discover before the store.  Interest on the Discover is high too.
Message 9 of 22
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

You guys got me wondering about the type of Card.  I didn't apply for the Discover Walmart online (I don't think?, I'm not sure how many beers that nite was inhaled, courage, but, who knows, low alcohol tolerance).  I can't wait to get it to find out.  7-10 days is an eternity. 

No hooters in the mail todaySmiley Sad
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.