Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Au question

I would like to add my DW as AU to some of my cards. I noticed in the form they wanted ss#. We are working on some baddies on her cr. will they pull her report? And if yes if there are some baddies will that affect my cl's and relationship with ccc

SIlver:

pizzadude

Re: Au question

Stonemanmv wrote:
I would like to add my DW as AU to some of my cards. I noticed in the form they wanted ss#. We are working on some baddies on her cr. will they pull her report? And if yes if there are some baddies will that affect my cl's and relationship with ccc

Adding her as an authorized user shouldn't result in her credit being pulled, or adverse action against you either.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Ok thanks. When they asked for the ss# I just wanted to check

SIlver:

09Lexie

It will assist with CRAs - unless we are talking about Amex. If she's defaulted with them she will probably not receive a cc.
pizzadude

The only exception I can think is if you are adding an AMEX additional cardmember ( not the same as an AU ), they might do a soft pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

It's cap1 and discover

SIlver:

09Lexie

[ Edited ]
My DH is an AU on my Discover and it reported immediately -also caused a mid cycle report when they issued his cc.

He has Cap 1 but since I personally do not care for them I am not an AU.
Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Good to know about discover. Thanks lexie

SIlver:

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+