cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl1987

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl1987

Hello Peeps,

For this month, we are going to have user @Harleygirl who used to work for penfed and he will be answering questions you might have about Penfed CU. Feel free to ask any questions about credit cards, mortgages etc.  I know there is a big thread already started by our very own mighty queen Baller4life about Penfed.  But whatever clarifications you need, please feel free to ask @Harleygirl1987.

DONT'S: Please, no snarky comments. Lets respect the user and let's get startedSmiley Happy

I will get us started.. @Harleygirl, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl

HI everyone, I hope I can answer your questions! I used to work at PenFed for 4 years, I primarily worked in their collection department, but I also helped in various other departments while I worked there. Feel free to ask me anything and if I can answer it I will! I've been doing collections for the last 12 years, learned a lot, found Myfico.com since my husband and I had to unfortunetly file for BK and this group has been such a help I have learned a lot more, and also liked that I can help answer questions other have had. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 60
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Re: August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl1987

I shot the next one of these my story is pretty fun.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 3 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl

My question is why is Penfed stuck on using such an old score [ NextGen] when evaluatiing applications?  Was there ever talk of actually using real FICOs?

Message 4 of 60
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: August Credit AMA [ Ask Me Anything] live about Penfed CU with User@HarleyGirl1987

Oh now this is going to be good LoL

Harleygirl1987- I had a disappointing experience with PenFed and probably acted out more of haste at the time which while out of my normal element i was so dissatisfied with my very first appoved PenFed Card that i summarily closed both the card and ended the membership at the time. My deposit was promptly refunded.

Will they have you back after this? Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could answer you, but I have no idea. That's not really something that was ever shared with us, or when asked in a town hall meeting was always a question answered with another question. The new CEO is much better than Frank was, so it might be changing however when or if I have no idea since the new CEO is more interested in aquiring other credit unions and assets at this time.

Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Harleygirl1987- I had a disappointing experience with PenFed and probably acted out more of haste at the time which while out of my normal element i was so dissatisfied with my very first appoved PenFed Card that i summarily closed both the card and ended the membership at the time. My deposit was promptly refunded.

@CM7,

What happened?  Did you try to get the limit increased on the card if was the limit that was disappointing to you or was it the service in general?

Message 7 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Credit, they don't give a rats behind how you lashed out at the ill trained employee on the phone. They just want yo monay. If you can re establish membership, or are elligible then you should be good to go. They may have a note on your account that you like to lash out, but that's about it.

Message 8 of 60
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@CM7,

What happened?  Did you try to get the limit increased on the card if was the limit that was disappointing to you or was it the service in general?

I don't know why it is yet but so far these government Credit Unions haven't exactly approved at a very usable limit for my heavy profile and is boggling to me.

After dismissing PenFed and signing on to NFCU it was the same ordeal (Low SL) with 700 scores, low utility, and high limit lines 2 year+ history but this time i've decided to just sit things out and wait to see how well they come across on CLI's.

Message 9 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harleygirl1987,

Where you surprised with all the Penfed love in here on myFICO when you joined?

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.