Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize user

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Authorize user

I currently had a few account and try to help my brother in law build his credit journey. He currently had nothing under his name no baddie no score nothing.

Should i add him on any of my acccount ???

CAp open 9/2011 500 limit

Orchar 10/2011 400

Discover 11/2012 1.7k

USAA 11/2012.  4k

Walmar 11/2012.  1.2k

Amex 11/2012. 1k

Should i add him on any of my account to help him build his credit until he get his own credit card ??? .

Thank you .

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorize user

i added my bro to my gold pr, bofa total rewards and nfcu cashrewards and after two months he got his own two cards.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

I currently had a few account and try to help my brother in law build his credit journey. He currently had nothing under his name no baddie no score nothing.

CAp open 9/2011

Orchar 10/2011

Discover 11/2012

USAA 11/2012

Walmar 11/2012

Amex 11/2012

Should i add him on any of my account to help him build his credit until he get his own credit card ??? .

Thank you .

i would add him to the cap one and another card. let it report for a few months and then app chase freedom, or a discover more, or his own walmart which at that point he might get his own walmart discover with the age of his "report"... the only problem is that all those accounts are new except cap one and orchard. so addidnt the cap one and a "new" card will slash his aaoa to just over a year. 

just rememeber that whatever you do on that card will go on his report as well. 

and if he didnt pay you would be responsible for the balance. 

keep it at low utility and he'll be golden. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

CAp open 9/2011

Orchar 10/2011

Discover 11/2012

USAA 11/2012

Walmar 11/2012

Amex 11/2012

Thank you .

i would add him to the cap one and another card. let it report for a few months and then app chase freedom, or a discover more, or his own walmart which at that point he might get his own walmart discover with the age of his "report"... the only problem is that all those accounts are new except cap one and orchard. so addidnt the cap one and a "new" card will slash his aaoa to just over a year. 

NO!

Put him on USAA IF you can then pass on the ability for him to get FULL Membership, although actually membership or not with $4k that is what he needs to be on.

Discover I really like for him and Amex becuase they take note!!

Just 2-3... Wait 6 months, then he should be good to go with Discover and Amex Charge on his own.

Message 4 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

CAp open 9/2011

Orchar 10/2011

Discover 11/2012

USAA 11/2012

Walmar 11/2012

Amex 11/2012

Thank you .

NO!

Put him on USAA IF you can then pass on the ability for him to get FULL Membership, although actually membership or not with $4k that is what he needs to be on.

Discover I really like for him and Amex becuase they take note!!

Just 2-3... Wait 6 months, then he should be good to go with Discover and Amex Charge on his own.

for the age? cap one is better then the orchard in sense why i said that. 

if you add him as an au to a brand new card what will that do? 

maybe in a year or a year and a half it could help him out. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.