Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Credit Card Users

tag
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Authorized Credit Card Users

Hello all, 

I have another question that I just can't find an answer to!!!! "Does an "authorized" user for a credit card receive positive/negative credit reporting on there CR"?.

My spouse and I are trying to get to the 800 FICO mark one day, and would like to "Piggy-Back" our way there.  All help and suggestions are always appreciated!

Thanks,

DPechal

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized Credit Card Users

Yes they count. But new fico scoring models, xx08, discount au usage if termed piggybacking. Originally they completely removed au help, but outcry that this discriminated all the stay at home spouses (which it does). So now they have some kind of method to discount only those they deem as piggybacking, So spouses should get complete credit for each others cards if au on them. Hard to say about others. Xx08 fico scoring models are not in common use, you can get a tu08 score from Walmart if you have their card. Might be a way to see if au are helping or not. Luckily xx08 not used much and in the mortgage industry, I doubt you will see use of it for a while to come.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dpechal wrote:

Hello all, 

I have another question that I just can't find an answer to!!!! "Does an "authorized" user for a credit card receive positive/negative credit reporting on there CR"?.

My spouse and I are trying to get to the 800 FICO mark one day, and would like to "Piggy-Back" our way there.  All help and suggestions are always appreciated!

Thanks,

DPechal

I'm confused in your signature line you show NA for current scores??

AU will help or hurt based on what is going on with the account that is being addeds.

If the card was opened in 1980 and the CLI is $10,000 and the balnce is $500 - That account is REALLY going to help you as an AU.

If thge account was opened last week with a $1000 line and a $800 balance, most likely not going to help!

You need to look at age of account and util of account and payment history... you don't want to be added to an account that is newer then your own accounts and you don't want to be added to an account that has high util or small credit line in my opinion.

Message 3 of 8
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Creditaddicit,

The reason for the NA is cause I just pulled the scores yesterday via FICO.  I will add the date to prevent the confusion, thanks for the help as we'll!

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dpechal wrote:

Creditaddicit,

The reason for the NA is cause I just pulled the scores yesterday via FICO.  I will add the date to prevent the confusion, thanks for the help as we'll!

The starting scores are your current?

Did you mean Equifax not Experian?

Message 5 of 8
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Yes and Yes haha.

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

hmm TU 100 points lower? what's on that one that isn't on EQ?!

Message 7 of 8
dpechal
Regular Contributor

I have two baddies that are still on the TU, The same baddies on the EQ have fallen off already.  Any advice?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.