Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User - CC

tag
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Authorized User - CC

HI,

I was recently added to my mom's capital one credit card as a authorized user.   This was about 3 weeks ago.   The reason I did this was to have a high credit limit balance on my account, and to have another revolving account in good standing.

I just ran my credit report today through Citi Identity Monitor, and the credit card is updated on each of the credit reports.  However, it doesn't seem the credit card is being factored into my score.  When I go to "Factors making up your credit score", which includes various reasonings for why my credit score is where it is, this account is not included under: 1) the amount of Bank Cards I have open, 2) My available revolving credit, 3) Open balances on revolving credit.

My question is,

-Does it just take time for all those things to be updated on my credit report?

- Is it something specifically with Citi's Monitoring Service that my score, according to Citi, shouldn't reflect Authorized Users, but would be reflected on a credit report obtained through a mortgage company?

- Is this account not going to be reflected on my credit score ever, as I am only a AU?

Thanks for all your help!!AGAIN!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User - CC

@mystro9876 wrote:

HI,

I was recently added to my mom's capital one credit card as a authorized user.   This was about 3 weeks ago.   The reason I did this was to have a high credit limit balance on my account, and to have another revolving account in good standing.

I just ran my credit report today through Citi Identity Monitor, and the credit card is updated on each of the credit reports.  However, it doesn't seem the credit card is being factored into my score.  When I go to "Factors making up your credit score", which includes various reasonings for why my credit score is where it is, this account is not included under: 1) the amount of Bank Cards I have open, 2) My available revolving credit, 3) Open balances on revolving credit.

My question is,

-Does it just take time for all those things to be updated on my credit report?

- Is it something specifically with Citi's Monitoring Service that my score, according to Citi, shouldn't reflect Authorized Users, but would be reflected on a credit report obtained through a mortgage company?

- Is this account not going to be reflected on my credit score ever, as I am only a AU?

Thanks for all your help!!AGAIN!!

Not every CC issuer will report an AU but I know that Cap 1 does. In my experience it was a matter of days so I don't know why that's not happening for you. Your mother can call and ask about this.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.