cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Cards on My Credit Report

tag
EJ360Tech

Authorized User Cards on My Credit Report

Hi All - I have a few credit and charge cards under my own name which I pay off in full every month. I have no debt at all except a small car lease of about $13K. My credit score is 785. I also am an Authorized User on my mom's credit card.

I am about to apply for a mortgage and I noticed a few things that I am worried will hurt me...

1. My mom has a Chase credit card which she made me an Authorized User on a few years ago. She pays it off in full every month, but for some reason it says "Account in Dispute". She says it's because she disputed a purchase last month. Will this hurt me? I looked online and a bunch of people said this caused issues for them. Otherwise, it says the card is paid up to date and has always been paid on time and in full.

2. I have 2 AMEX cards on my report which I was an Authorized user on, but have not used in years. They still show up on my report even though I no longer have a card. Again - my mom paid these in full every month - never late, etc - but will these hurt me? Also, these are showing as open before I was even born.

3. Lastly, I have a card that says "CLOSED" - even though it's not closed and still being used. It shows being paid on time as if it were open but still says closed.

Should I worry about any of this stuff? I am speaking to a mortgage lender this week.

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
brianjb
Contributor

Re: Authorized User Cards on My Credit Report

@EJ360Tech wrote:

Hi All - I have a few credit and charge cards under my own name which I pay off in full every month. I have no debt at all except a small car lease of about $13K. My credit score is 785. I also am an Authorized User on my mom's credit card.

I am about to apply for a mortgage and I noticed a few things that I am worried will hurt me...

1. My mom has a Chase credit card which she made me an Authorized User on a few years ago. She pays it off in full every month, but for some reason it says "Account in Dispute". She says it's because she disputed a purchase last month. Will this hurt me? I looked online and a bunch of people said this caused issues for them. Otherwise, it says the card is paid up to date and has always been paid on time and in full.

2. I have 2 AMEX cards on my report which I was an Authorized user on, but have not used in years. They still show up on my report even though I no longer have a card. Again - my mom paid these in full every month - never late, etc - but will these hurt me? Also, these are showing as open before I was even born.

3. Lastly, I have a card that says "CLOSED" - even though it's not closed and still being used. It shows being paid on time as if it were open but still says closed.

Should I worry about any of this stuff? I am speaking to a mortgage lender this week.

Thanks!!!

Out of  all of that, the only thing thT may hurt is the dispute.  the underwriter of mortgage may want to see the dispute resolved before closing

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User Cards on My Credit Report

@brianjb wrote:

@EJ360Tech wrote:

Thanks!!!

Out of  all of that, the only thing thT may hurt is the dispute.  the underwriter of mortgage may want to see the dispute resolved before closing

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.