Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question #2

tag
Poquelin
Contributor

Authorized User Question #2

Good Afternoon,

My wife added me as an authorized user to her 2 credit cards, Target red card and Capital One platinum. She said she was only asked for my name and address. How can those trade lines be then reported to my credit files if they didn't ask for the social security number?

Can they still show up in my file without my SSN?

Do we need to call them and provide them with additional info in order for them to report to my credit files?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Poquelin 

Starting Score: 638

Current score:
Equifax 680
Trans Union 718
Experian 714

Target Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Question #2

@Poquelin wrote:

Good Afternoon,

My wife added me as an authorized user to her 2 credit cards, Target red card and Capital One platinum. She said she was only asked for my name and address. How can those trade lines be then reported to my credit files if they didn't ask for the social security number?

Can they still show up in my file without my SSN?

Do we need to call them and provide them with additional info in order for them to report to my credit files?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Poquelin 

If you live at the same address (and even if you don't.) They'll find you. You'd be surprised just how MUCH info is out there about each and every one of us.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Question #2

They can report on your credit report with your name and address only.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.