Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question

tag
nmac
Regular Contributor

Authorized User Question

If I add someone as a AU to one of my credit cards does the entire card history show up on their report or does it look as if it was a new tradeline? Also does this vary with each bank or do all the banks handel it the same? Thanks

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User Question

@nmac wrote:

If I add someone as a AU to one of my credit cards does the entire card history show up on their report or does it look as if it was a new tradeline? Also does this vary with each bank or do all the banks handel it the same? Thanks

Your history shows up but on the AUs report there is a notation to the month/year they were added as AU. Every bank is different on whether or not they will report an AU account

Message 2 of 5
nmac
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@nmac wrote:

Your history shows up but on the AUs report there is a notation to the month/year they were added as AU. Every bank is different on whether or not they will report an AU account

Thanks! Do you happen to know if chase reports authorized users? 

Message 3 of 5
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Chase do report authorized users, entired history of the primary card holder would get added to AUs report. I think only amex is the exception these days who add additonal card holder like a new tradeline.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 4 of 5
nmac
Regular Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

Chase do report authorized users, entired history of the primary card holder would get added to AUs report. I think only amex is the exception these days who add additonal card holder like a new tradeline.

thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.