Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question

tag
misfit928
New Contributor

Authorized User Question

I wanted to know if it was worth it to be put on as an authorized user. How does being put on someone's card as an authorized user affect my scores and cr or the primary card holder's ? And will it help raise my scores?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Question

It can-
Make sure it has a long history, High CL and low balance for max results.

Until FICO08 is released.

misfit928 wrote:
I wanted to know if it was worth it to be put on as an authorized user. How does being put on someone's card as an authorized user affect my scores and cr or the primary card holder's ? And will it help raise my scores?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just add to Timothy's answer:

A long history is good, but make sure it has a good history of ontime payments, as well.  You don't want to be paying the price for other people's slow payments.

Timothy wrote:
It can-
Make sure it has a long history, High CL and low balance for max results.

Until FICO08 is released.

misfit928 wrote:

Message 3 of 6
sl
Established Contributor

I have beent trying to keep up on FICO 2008, is there any update on when it will be rolled out?
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sl wrote:
I have beent trying to keep up on FICO 2008, is there any update on when it will be rolled out?

No news yet! I suspect it won't be any time soon.
Message 5 of 6
misfit928
New Contributor

will putting me on as an au with low credit scores due to late payments affect the score of the primary holder? 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.