Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Questions

tag
misfit928
New Contributor

Authorized User Questions

I have been reading the forums and looking to gain some more information about adding my fiance as an authorized user on a cc. I have been rebuilding my credit. I currently have a decent score in the 720s and currently working on her rebuilding hers. She has quite a few baddies and also filed for bk about 4 years ago.

Will there be any pulls when trying to add her as an AU? 

Will her scores affect mine or vice versa when I do the add?

I appreciate the help! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized User Questions

@misfit928 wrote:

I have been reading the forums and looking to gain some more information about adding my fiance as an authorized user on a cc. I have been rebuilding my credit. I currently have a decent score in the 720s and currently working on her rebuilding hers. She has quite a few baddies and also filed for bk about 4 years ago.

Will there be any pulls when trying to add her as an AU? Usally not, depends on the CC

Will her scores affect mine or vice versa when I do the add?  No, to both.   However, her score will now be based on her accounts and the this new account (once it reports)

I appreciate the help! 

Message 2 of 4
MagicShot
Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@misfit928 wrote:

Will there be any pulls when trying to add her as an AU? Usally not, depends on the CC

Will her scores affect mine or vice versa when I do the add?  No, to both.   However, her score will now be based on her accounts and the this new account (once it reports)

I appreciate the help! 

Also note:
Scores will not affect each other but how you use the card will affect the AU untill their removed as an AU. so if you have high util on the card it will report on hers the exact same way.

Message 3 of 4
misfit928
New Contributor

I am fully aware of the utility affecting the reports. I plan on keeping this one low to help boost her scores.

Thanks for the responses!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.