Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Removal ?

tag
Diamondbze

Authorized User Removal ?

Hi everyone !

I'm an authorized user on TWO of my mothers accts Chase and Amex.

for Amex  the is staus is:

Status as ofDate opened [?]

May, 2013

Apr, 2013

Credit limit [?] $1,800

for Chase :

Mar, 2013

Jan, 2000

Credit limit [?] $2,000

Below are my other accounts. My question is....SHOULD I REMOVE MYSELF AS AN AUTHORIZED USER ON BOTH ACCOUNTS? THE UTI IS PRETTY HIGH FOR BOTH . ALTHOUGH THE CHASE ACCOUNT WAS OPENED 13 YEARS AGO?

thanks!

MacYsdsnb  9/1975$387Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Charge AccountCap1/Bstby  7/2005$355Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Charge AccountNordstrom  3/1998$55Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Charge AccountWffnatbank  9/2006$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardAmex  4/2013$1,822Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardChase  1/2000$1,680Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardChase  5/2006$560Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Credit CardAmex  4/1993$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardHsbc Bank  7/2005$0Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Authorized User Removal ?

If you need a high score immediately, yes I would get removed. Otherwise, keep the accounts on there and wait for your mom to pay off the balances. I'm sure you can teach her a thing or two about managing credit Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@Diamondbze wrote:

Hi everyone !

I'm an authorized user on TWO of my mothers accts Chase and Amex.

for Amex  the is staus is:

May, 2013

Apr, 2013

Credit limit [?] $1,800

for Chase :

Mar, 2013

Jan, 2000

Credit limit [?] $2,000

Below are my other accounts. My question is....SHOULD I REMOVE MYSELF AS AN AUTHORIZED USER ON BOTH ACCOUNTS? THE UTI IS PRETTY HIGH FOR BOTH . ALTHOUGH THE CHASE ACCOUNT WAS OPENED 13 YEARS AGO?

thanks!

MacYsdsnb  9/1975$387Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Charge AccountCap1/Bstby  7/2005$355Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Charge AccountNordstrom  3/1998$55Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Charge AccountWffnatbank  9/2006$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardAmex  4/2013$1,822Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardChase  1/2000$1,680Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardChase  5/2006$560Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Credit CardAmex  4/1993$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardHsbc Bank  7/2005$0Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails

If both of thlse not only have higher util, but are showing as not being paid as agreed, (late payments or whtever), then you are getting both the dings on payment as well as util...i think..but ive been wrong before. If you dont need to apply for credit in the next few months, have her remove you and see what happens. You always can always put them back. Just my opinion.

sory my bad, was looking at it wrong. Saw pays as agreed followed by no..... never mind Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Diamondbze

thanks everyone!

I'm applying for a mortgage around august/september. I'll remove them and see what my score will be.

Message 4 of 6
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:

@Diamondbze wrote:

If both of thlse not only have higher util, but are showing as not being paid as agreed, (late payments or whtever), then you are getting both the dings on payment as well as util...i think..but ive been wrong before. If you dont need to apply for credit in the next few months, have her remove you and see what happens. You always can always put them back. Just my opinion.

sory my bad, was looking at it wrong. Saw pays as agreed followed by no..... never mind Smiley Happy

Not to hijack the thread but what do the No's and flags stand for? I see people post that report type a lot and can't figure it out. Are these from reports being pulled on this site?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 6
mcf
Contributor

yep.. pulled from myfico, no is answer to is account delinquent and flag means flagged at some point for late etc...

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.