Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User + Signup Bonus? (CSR)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User + Signup Bonus? (CSR)

Hi Everyone,

I just got my Chase Sapphire Reserve with the 100,000 point bonus, and I was wondering if I make my girlfriend an authorized user, will both of our expenditures be totaled up in order to match the "$4k in 3 months" spend requirement?

For instance, say that I spend $3k and she spends $1k, would they add the $3k + $1k = $4k and therefore I get the 100,000 point bonus?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User + Signup Bonus? (CSR)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I just got my Chase Sapphire Reserve with the 100,000 point bonus, and I was wondering if I make my girlfriend an authorized user, will both of our expenditures be totaled up in order to match the "$4k in 3 months" spend requirement?

For instance, say that I spend $3k and she spends $1k, would they add the $3k + $1k = $4k and therefore I get the 100,000 point bonus?

Thanks!

Yes absolutely it would count towards the 4k.  Then after the spending you can remove her and have chase remove it from her reports (and unless her address is the same as yours, it probably wont show up on her reports if I recall).  Hopefully she has good credit and less than 5 new cards in the last 2 years and she can get the bonus too before its reduced!  And actually a phone call with chase for her application they would be able to distinguish that its just an authorized user so it wont count towards the 5/24.  So it might help her score adding the minimum 10k limit if it reduced her utilization, but I think it would impact her average age of accounts.

Message 2 of 5
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Yes absolutely it would count towards the 4k.  Then after the spending you can remove her and have chase remove it from her reports (and unless her address is the same as yours, it probably wont show up on her reports if I recall).  Hopefully she has good credit and less than 5 new cards in the last 2 years and she can get the bonus too before its reduced!  And actually a phone call with chase for her application they would be able to distinguish that its just an authorized user so it wont count towards the 5/24.  So it might help her score adding the minimum 10k limit if it reduced her utilization, but I think it would impact her average age of accounts.

Also keep in mind that if you had her as an AU, you will have to pay an extra $75 annual fee. So you'll have to weigh the worth of adding her to meet the bonus spend over the negative $75 from the annual fee.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Also keep in mind that if you had her as an AU, you will have to pay an extra $75 annual fee. So you'll have to weigh the worth of adding her to meet the bonus spend over the negative $75 from the annual fee.

Great point! I wonder if chase issues replacement cards like discover where they dont disable the old card?  That way OP could just ask for a replacement, have 2 duplicates, etc etc

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call/message Chase and tell them your signature smeared when you signed the card. I did that for my wifes CSR to get an extra one. Had the replacement card in two days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.