Established Member
mwm1212

Authorized User & AAoA

Recently my fiance signed up for Chase United Explorer card for the 50,000 mile offer. She decided to add me as an authorized user to get an extra 5,000 miles brining the sign up offer to 55,000 miles in total. All in all a fantastic offer.

I checked my reports and credit karma today and the new card is reporting to my credit history. Is this normal and to be expected? I've never been an authorized user on a card, but it was my understanding that it would only report to the primary card holder who is the sole party with financial obligations regarding the credit card. I'm not worried about the finances regarding this change, but it does have quite an effect on my already relatively short AAoA. Not earth shattering, but was hoping for some clarification. Thanks in advance for any reply with advice/information.

Discover More -- $7,000 l Chase Sapphire Preferred -- $8,500

FICO (EQ) -- 767
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Authorized User & AAoA

Yes, that's normal.  :smileyhappy:

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Established Member
mwm1212

Boo :smileysad:

Thanks for the quick response! :smileyhappy:

Discover More -- $7,000 l Chase Sapphire Preferred -- $8,500

FICO (EQ) -- 767
webhopper

Its normal. Honestly its probably going to help you later on unless your fiance goes crazy on utilization

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+