New Visitor
jm6886

Authorized User and Credit History

[ Edited ]

Hello:

Please forgive me if this is an elementary question, but I am trying to understand credit (as this is my first post). I am trying to help my 18 year old brother build his credit score. Recently, my mother was approved for an American Express Blue Sky card (with a 25,000 dollar credit limit) and added my brother as an Authorized User. When she put my brother down, American Express took his social security number, etc. My question is, will this card show up on his credit report? Or should he get his own card to build a history with? Please advise- thanks for your time!

Established Contributor
shaun2009

Re: Authorized User and Credit History

It will report to his credit report on his credit report and yes he will get his own card but at your mother discretion if he gets to use it.
Current Credit Cards
| Discover IT: $6.5K | PayPal MC: $7.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | WalMart Discover: $7.5K | Sams MC $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | US Bank Select $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 6/23/2014
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Make sure to create an online ID with Amex for your brother so to guarantee that his member date gets locked in.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

It will also report as Authorizedd User,

Closing all of these credit card accounts once paid off for a fresh start.
$600$800$1,000$500(AU) $2,500
EQ FICO---, EX FICO---, TU FICO---, AAOA 6 months, Utilization 74%, No delinquencies of any sort.
Inquiries on EQ: 19, Inquires on EX: 30, Inquiries on TU: 21, Gardening Since 06-25-14
09Lexie

Welcome to the forum! Please feel free to ask questions. Your DM can set spending limit on the cc if she chooses. Like the others have mentioned, this is an excellent way to establish his cr.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+