Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User on Amex?

Hola,

I was just recently added as an authorized user on my fiance's (well, soon-to-be wife's) Amex card.  I spoke to someone over there about when it would reflect on my credit report and they stated that American Express doesn't do this.  They said that it wouldn't report on mine at all.  Does anyone know if this is true or not?  The person that I spoke to - and their supervisor - did not speak English as their first language, so something might have been lost in translation.

If they are mistaken, does anyone know when it is supposed to report?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized User on Amex?

my longest history TL is an AU of an AmEx that my brother is the primary for. so yes, it should report. unfortunately Tier 1 support anywhere is a welcoming service at best. Say hello and move on to the next guy/girl.
ImageImageImage

Message 2 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Unless AmEx has very recently changed its policy, the CSR was wrong.

Not only did they report my husband and daughter as AU's, even when I took them off the card, they continue to report!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

My husband was reported right away as an AU on my AmEx Delta SkyMiles card.

My husband and I were both AUs on my son's Gold card. We each had our own cards. It reported on my husband's credit reports, but did not report on mine. Don't know why.

Message 4 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

If they didn't ask for your SSN, it for sure won't be on your credit reports regardless what language they speak.
Message Edited by DI on 09-02-2009 05:03 PM
Message 5 of 14
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:
If they didn't ask for your SSN, it for sure won't be on your credit reports regardless what language they speak.

This is not true. My wife and I have been AU's on each others card for quite a while. All report and none asked for a SSN. It has been reported on here numerous times that the ccc does not need your SSN to report you as an AU. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 6 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

Again, the only way a creditor can report an AU, and the account be listed on the AU's report is by having a SSN.

Message 7 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@cobaltnv wrote:

@DI wrote:

This is not true. My wife and I have been AU's on each others card for quite a while. All report and none asked for a SSN. It has been reported on here numerous times that the ccc does not need your SSN to report you as an AU. 

+1

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They definitely asked for my SSN so I guess I will keep checking to see if it reports.  Thanks for all of your responses!
Message 9 of 14
tiger67
Regular Contributor

DI: I thought the same, but now I must respectfully disagree. I signed my wife up as an AU on two accounts that never asked for a SSN and both are on her credit report.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.