Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on Amex?

tag
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized User on Amex?

Out of curiousity, considering I've heard it has changed....is Amex still giving the AUs the cardholder's "member since" date, or are AUs getting a current date at time of being added?  One of my friends added a couple AUs earlier this year, and Amex did not give the AUs the backdated member since date on his account (1981ish)...they received a 2009 date. 
Message 11 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:
Out of curiousity, considering I've heard it has changed....is Amex still giving the AUs the cardholder's "member since" date, or are AUs getting a current date at time of being added?  One of my friends added a couple AUs earlier this year, and Amex did not give the AUs the backdated member since date on his account (1981ish)...they received a 2009 date. 

I had been an AU on my son's account, which he started in 1990. I recently got my 1st AmEx, the Delta SkyMiles card. I tried twice to get my "member since" date changed on my new card. No go. Both times they explained to me that 1990 was my son's date...not my date. Someone posted that we should talk directly to "card replacement." I did that, and they promptly turned me back to customer service.
Message 12 of 14
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

That sucks.  I read they've really tightened up on the member since backdating.  I was just cuious if they were giving any of the new AU accounts the old member since date of the cardholder on the AU card reporting itself.  That seems to have stopped as well...which is kind of weird....even Visa/MC/Discover give you the card holder's opening date to AUs.  Smiley Indifferent 

Hopefully some of the recent AU people will let us know what they get as "member since" dates on their AU listings. 

Message 13 of 14
monicar2009
New Contributor

recently became AU on a 1990 account. My member since date is 09 on card.How ddo i check that online?
Message Edited by monicar2009 on 09-04-2009 04:45 PM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.