Did you mean: 

Authorized User question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User question

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Poquelin wrote:

If I become an authorized user on my wife's credit cards (2 of them) Do I inherit her baddies.

The tradeline will appear on your reports.  If there is negative payment history associated with the TL then you should expect that to appear as well.  Derogs affect Payment History.  Keep in mind that Payment History is 35% while AAoA (Length of Credit History) is only 15%.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Also keep in mind that not all creditors and scoring models will factor in accounts where you're an AU. 

@Anonymous wrote:

It won't increase your AAoA.

You can't take the good without the bad.

No baddies, no aging.

You'll get the UTL aspect of it, and generally it'll fool a computer. But it won't fool a manual review.

I'm not sure I ujnderstand what Nixon is saying here.  If a creditor/scoring model doesn't discount accounts where one is an AU then all the usual factors are still at play for a tradeline that appears on an AU's report.  The tradeline just shows up as another account with all the same information as on the original cardholder's report.  Payment History, Utilization, AAoA, etc are affected.

It shows up usually with a start date of when the AU was added. So if the basic account is ~10yrs old, and you add your SO 5 years in, Only the 5 years they've been an AU will show, except with certain lenders, or if the person making the entry just added in the entire history onto the AU's report.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.