Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User question

Situation:

I am an authorized user of 2 of my wifes CC's with high balances w/ 50% util. and 75% util, and I have 50% util. on my own AMEX Blue.

Question:

I know AMEX doesnt like balances carried for too long, but are they going to look hard at the fact that I am an AU on 2 of my wifes cards with less than steller Util.?

I have heard of cld's.....even closing accounts due to high balances on OTHER cards when AMEX gets uncomfortable. Also if I were to have my wife remove me as AU on her accounts for the time being would this be advantageous since I'm guessing it would mean me only showing 1 acct with a balance instead of 3. (even though 2 are my wifes)

Message Edited by agala on 09-25-2009 08:52 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized User question

Do you know what your FICO scores are? If you post more detail of what appears on your CBR we could give you a better idea as to the effect this situation is having on your scores At first blush it does not sound good. It seems that it is quite possible those AU's cards are actually increasing the UTIL on your CBR's which would cause you to have lower rather than higher FICO scores. If the AU cards are not adding significant age to your CBR's this is not a good arrangement. If they are adding age you have to get that UTIL below 35% ASAP!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.