Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User ?'s

tag
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Authorized User ?'s

Hey All,

I added my fiance as an AU on my Cap 1 card that I have had open since 2008; because she has a clean slate of a credit profile. (Cap 1 Card 750 limit, $3 balance) that she has had for 6 months. I thought I heard somewhere that when adding her as a user on Cap 1 it would show on her report the whole history of that card. which is a $1500 limit, and is PIF before every single statement has cut for the last few years. When I added her it requested her SSN and employment info. 

I figured I should also add her to my Chase Sapphire ($7500 limit / 0 balance) that I have had open for approx. 18 months. I was assuming the chase card will show up on her report like a new TL, and hit her AAoA; but with the higher limit would help her out. But when I added her it did not ask for anything other then her name. So now I am thinking this might not even show on her CR? 

Just trying to get an idea of the best way to help her and where to add her as an AU to make the most for her. 

Any input is greatly appreciated! 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized User ?'s

Yes, I can confirm that Authorized Users appear on that persons credit report just as if they were an account holder. The payment history will also appear from the date the card was opened, not the day she was added as a user.

I believe adding someone you know as an AU to piggyback them into the credit world is the best idea and best thing you could do.

Smiley Happy

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 11
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

So she would recieve the whole 18 months of the Chase card, as well as the 5 1/2 years of the Capital one? I wasn't sure if this was creditor specific, and varied by creditor. Or if they all treated it the same. How will Chase associate it with her if all they asked for was her first and last name. They did not even ask for a SSN or address (even though its the same) or employment or anything :/ 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 3 of 11
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Yes, your entire payment history will be copied onto her report as if she was added the day you got your credit account.

Chase doesnt ask for a SSN or employment information for AU's, that is true, but it should still appear on her credit report. I looked into that issue specifically earlier this week.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 4 of 11
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Both cards just reported for me recently. So I suppose I will have to wait till Mid November to pull her last free report of the year and see how it looks! 

Message 5 of 11
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I did the same for mine with Discover & Chase. Neither asked for SSN, only name but both are on his report with full history. I was also added to a family members card a couple years ago with only my name& ddifferent address. It's on my report. Everything is the same except it says "authorized user" as the account type.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 11
awiser
Regular Contributor

At least one of my AU accounts took a couple months to show on my reports, but they did eventually show with entire account history. Amex requested SSN while I don't think Citi did. It definitely varies by lender.

Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It certainly varies with lenders and whether or not the information can be synced with the CRAs. Keep in mind, ACM's for Amex will not inherit the primary cardholders information.
Message 8 of 11
awiser
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie Could you elaborate? What does this necessarily mean in regards to an Amex AU?

Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@awiser

With Amex, the ACM does not inherit the primary cardmembers information. Amex cc's have different account numbers and the reported information will be based on that individualized account.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.