Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User with Social Security number

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized User with Social Security number

When someone is adding you as an AU from a diff address they can put their address. The card goes to them, and their address is added to your CR.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 21 of 33
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I particularly like Amex's AU management. Since the AU gets a different card number, the member can control/limit monthly spending and set notification levels for interim spending. This is a great feature for someone helping an AU establish credit while minimizing risk.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 22 of 33
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

When someone is adding you as an AU from a diff address they can put their address. The card goes to them, and their address is added to your CR.

Well, most of that seemed to happen (added me as AU, put their address, card goes to them) but the account has not shown up on my CRs.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 23 of 33
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit
Thank you! I was wondering if it was possible to control and put spending limits on the card thanks for that info bro.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 24 of 33
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Movin_on_up wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Well, most of that seemed to happen (added me as AU, put their address, card goes to them) but the account has not shown up on my CRs.

it can take up to 2mths or so sometimes for an AU to start reporting.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 25 of 33
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
@cashnocredit
Thank you! I was wondering if it was possible to control and put spending limits on the card thanks for that info bro.

thats one of the cool things about AMEX charge cards and adding AU's

I've heard people adding themselves as an AU and setting a hard limit on it so that it will actually report another card with a high limit. (b/c charge cards do not report a limit)*

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 26 of 33
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Movin_on_up wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

it can take up to 2mths or so sometimes for an AU to start reporting.

Thanks j_casteel.

As with most posters around these parts, (I assume) we all lack a bit of patience in these matters.    Smiley Wink

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 27 of 33
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Isn't sometimes a good thing NOT to have it report ? Say if my friend adds me  to use whenever needed but his not 100% making ontime payments ?

That could be a good thing.

Message 28 of 33
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

Isn't sometimes a good thing NOT to have it report ? Say if my friend adds me  to use whenever needed but his not 100% making ontime payments ?

That could be a good thing.

Why would you want a TL and not have it reporting? Unless, the premise is to just have money and not get "credit" for it.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 29 of 33
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

My wife is a AU on her mom VISA BOA 123 and she's not always paying her pills ontime forgets sometimes, that's why I was saying maybe sometimes it's good not to report as I'm worried if AU FICO/CR will be damaged.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.