1)  5000 / 4500

2)  2000 / 1500

3)  1250 / 1100

Dates added on fairly new

1)  6/ 13

2)  12/ 13

3)  4 / 14

My AAA is 5 years (61 months)

My thinking is releasing these cards and getting off as an AU will be beneficial and help my score

Thoughts........Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User

In all likelihood, yes, it will help your credit score.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twiddledee wrote:

Authorized User on 3 cards with high utilization

1)  5000 / 4500

2)  2000 / 1500

3)  1250 / 1100

Dates added on fairly new

1)  6/ 13

2)  12/ 13

3)  4 / 14

My AAA is 5 years (61 months)

My thinking is releasing these cards and getting off as an AU will be beneficial and help my score

Thoughts........Thanks

Get off ASAP.  That utilization is NOT helping you.

Message 3 of 19
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Agree, get off this train. I would also suggest the primary get a handle on these accounts or risk AA.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If it were I, I would be moving to cancel self as an AU. What you want in AU cards are ones that are old and rarely used.

Message 5 of 19
twiddledee
Contributor

DONE DONE AND DONE - removed an hour ago. Thanks for the input 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, it's not a big deal either way.

If you cancel the AU with the CC, it will continue to report for as long as the original user still has the account open..then 10 years after that. 

If they were old credit cards with 100% payment history; they helped you more than they hurt you even with high utilization.  Utilization is ~30% of your score,  As long as everything else was fine with those and they were old cards, they still have a net 70% positive affect on your score.

If you have a thin credit file or low score, I'd keep them on.

If you are already solid in your credit, then you can call the CC or dispute with the CB to purge them permanently from your report.

My guess is, right now you are fine.  Just let them keep reporting on your credit although your responsibility will now say "terminated"

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest, it's not a big deal either way.

If you cancel the AU with the CC, it will continue to report for as long as the original user still has the account open..then 10 years after that. 

If they were old credit cards with 100% payment history; they helped you more than they hurt you even with high utilization.  Utilization is ~30% of your score,  As long as everything else was fine with those and they were old cards, they still have a net 70% positive affect on your score.

If you have a thin credit file or low score, I'd keep them on.

If you are already solid in your credit, then you can call the CC or dispute with the CB to purge them permanently from your report.

My guess is, right now you are fine.  Just let them keep reporting on your credit although your responsibility will now say "terminated"

No, if you are removed while the account is still open the information will drop off your report all together.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, if you are removed while the account is still open the information will drop off your report all together.

I am sitting here looking at my credit report from an AU terminated 7 years ago.  Still reporting.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it depends on the issuer than.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.