Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User???

Hey everyone my wife and myself have some credit card debt...My cards have always been the smaller credit limit holders...500-1500   While my wife has had  the upward of 7000+...At one point during some remodel on our home my wife added me as a "authorized user"...My question is I want to build up my Fico...Is it better to stay on as a "authorized user" or should I have my wife remove me from her account??? Is removing an authorized user ever allowed???  THANKS...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User???

Eventually, it won't matter:

And removing your name is quite easy. She can call the CCC and ask them to remove you, or you can dispute the account as "not mine".

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say "eventually" what does that mean?  Will it drop my score at first and over time I gain it back??? Thanks
Message 3 of 7
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Somewhere next year the CRA's aren't going to give you points for being an authorised user. So that's what he probably meant by "eventually it won't matter".

You should read that article/post the link takes you to, its informative. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ccaddict on 07-30-2007 01:17 PM
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DREAMBIG1234 wrote:
You say "eventually" what does that mean?  Will it drop my score at first and over time I gain it back??? Thanks

This might help!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thanks!!! When was the article written and when does the change take place??? Thanks again...
Message 6 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DREAMBIG1234 wrote:
Hey thanks!!! When was the article written and when does the change take place??? Thanks again...

I don't have an exact date but probably in early June 2007. One CRA will use the new scoring model in September 2007 and the other two sometime in 2008. No confirmation yet on which CRA will be the first but most are betting EQ.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.