Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Authorized User

Many years ago when we were first married, DH had just filed for BK a couple of years prior and had only a secured credit card.  I added him as AU on several of my cards, including Amex, even though they fought me every step of the way (Amex had blacklisted him).  It's helped his credit over the years, I'm sure.  Until recently his score was higher than mine.  Currently he's at 804/813 (based on Amex and Discover FICO).

Basically, it will help you get back on your feet as long as your GF has and maintain good credit and low util.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 11 of 25
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

If I was added and we set my spending limit to $100...would I get credit for the full $7000 limit or just the $100?
Personal:

Business:

Message 12 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:
If I was added and we set my spending limit to $100...would I get credit for the full $7000 limit or just the $100?

The entire $7,000 CL would show on your reports. You just couldn't charge more than $100.

Message 13 of 25
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Thanks Marine!!
Personal:

Business:

Message 14 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:
Thanks Marine!!

Glad to help. All I ask is that you pay this forward at some point in the future.

Message 15 of 25
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I will. Anytime I can offer help I do. Have a great day. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 16 of 25
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

so are you saying the AU have to use their card, to get credit for getting added?

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also wondering if the AU has to use the card to report positively on credit?
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tendertan wrote:

so are you saying the AU have to use their card, to get credit for getting added?

No.. You get the credit or discredit no matter whether you ever use the card or not.  A lot of AUs are added and never see the card

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

No spending necessary.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.