Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User?

Hi all,

I am an authorized user on a family memebers account and i want to be taken off since that person is not using their account the way they should. Can i have it removed from my credit report by disputing directly to the credit reporting agencies or do i need to have the family member call the credit card company and remove me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I am an authorized user on a family memebers account and i want to be taken off since that person is not using their account the way they should. Can i have it removed from my credit report by disputing directly to the credit reporting agencies or do i need to have the family member call the credit card company and remove me?

If you have the customer service number just call and cancel yourself as AU. Some will update to "relationship terminated" with 0 balance others will totally remove the line. If you dont have the CS number then have the person whos card it is remove you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

If you have the customer service number just call and cancel yourself as AU. Some will update to "relationship terminated" with 0 balance others will totally remove the line. If you dont have the CS number then have the person whos card it is remove you.

+1

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a falling out so me and this person no longer speak. 

Message 4 of 5
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a falling out so me and this person no longer speak. 

This is more of a reason for you to remove yourself as an AU.  Call the card company and ask that you be removed as an AU.  You can also notify the CB's of this as well.  GL

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.