Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized Users??

First off i have 3 individuals credits under my name.  400 cl, 300cl, and joint with my wife 970 cl.
BK discharged on 5/2005 and my credit score is TU 548, Ex 539, EQ 545.

But my wife has me under as a authorizer user on her credit cards one with 2500 cl, and another 4000cl. 

my debit/ratio is high and every time she makes makes a payment or uses the credit card
my score watch triggers an alert letting me know that my credit score has decreased/increased. 

If i tell my wife to cancel the cards she has me as an authorizer user

1) will my debit ration go down?
2) will it be removed from my credit report?

or will it be just stuck on my report for 7 years? Has any one every experience this before?

feed back will be great!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lisac
Regular Contributor

Re: Authorized Users??

are her cards max out? if they are they could be hurting you. how old are they? the years could be helping.  if she removes you from her cards, it will be off your report as soon as they update.  my dh had 2 cards maxed out. i was au.  i got removed and score when up 16 points. 
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, one of them is 2300/2500 and the other is 3750/4000 so u can say they are a little max out but they are only about 6 months old I am really considering having her remove me as a authorizer user.
Message 3 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I would for sure asked to be removed from those accounts!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

A family member put me on their card several months ago (after I pd off the balance). I saw a score increase. They had to use the card almost max and it hurt (both of us, I'm sure.)
I had them take me off as au.
TU reported it canceled, but it remains on report. The other two cra still show it open. It's been 3 months since I was removed!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess it would be worthless to even try to have them remove me as a authorized user. Have you tried disputing the cards stating that you are no longer on the account?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the utilization on your cards? If yours are maxed out too, I doubt that being an AU on her card makes little if any difference.
Message 7 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

I didn't dispute it because it does have a three year history, and at this point I need the 'age'.
(Never thought I'd hear myself saying THAT!)

I just opened 7 new accounts and I'm feeling it, believe me!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.