Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: Authorized user or lower credit limit?

on the hard copies of your report does it list that account as an authorized user or a joint account holder?

should be a section labeled "account responsibility" you can find this information in

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
sdevine42

Creditaddict wrote:

sdevine42 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

sdevine42 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Chase is one of the few banks these days that DOES allow you to request to remove a "Joint" account holder", not sure about AU but I guess why not because it's basically like you and your father applying for new credit... Chase will not only pull a HP on you to see if you can qualify on your own for the $25k but they will HP your father to see if he qualifies for the $25k limit... you can find yourself with a CLOSED account in the end if they don't like it... but they won't issue you the account with lower limit, it will either be:

1. Declined for removing father and account will stay joint between the 2 of you.

2. Declined to both of you and the account closed or sometimes CLD.

3. They approve you and remove father and you would retain account with the $25k.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks Creditaddict. I'm beginning to get the vibe that it may be best to just leave it as is. Is it correct to assume that if I am only an AU that the $25k will be incorporated into my utilization calc?

What Card is it?

Chase Slate

That should report limit on your credit and help.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for your help.

sdevine42

ryanbush wrote:

on the hard copies of your report does it list that account as an authorized user or a joint account holder?

should be a section labeled "account responsibility" you can find this information in

I actually haven't run the report yet. My plan was to figure this situation out and run it after.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+