Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user taken off, but still reporting

tag
Carbon44
Contributor

Authorized user taken off, but still reporting

I added myself to my moms account for a Khols card because I wanted to get the discounts when buying some items a while back. I then took my name off since I don't shop at Khols much other then that time. I called the back of the card and asked them to take my name off her account as I no longer wanted to be an authorized user. Well I just checked credit karma MONTHS later and it is still showing up as one of my accounts and balances. What should I do? I don't want my moms card to get canceled, but I want to get off as an authorized user. It's sad they say okay we will take you off and then don't.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized user taken off, but still reporting

My sister was added as AU as well last year and when we checked her first credit report they were still reporting after she was removed from the cards, why report cards that arent even yours idk but it bothers  knowing that they are reporting hahha, anyway so the ONLY way they were removed was by disputing them which took about 20-30 days. Thats how my sister removd her AU accounts from report. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 4
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I had something similar. I was an AU on my parents BP card and cancelled my card. Apparently even though my card was cancelled, I was still listed on the account, so it kept reporting. I had to call the number listed on my credit report and the lady explained it and said that since I was not responsible for payment they could take it off my report if I wanted. I said yes and it was gone a few weeks later.

So I would call them and make sure you're not still listed on the account. If you are or even if you aren't, I would ask for it to be taken off your report. Hopefully they will...if they don't I'd tell them you are not responsible for the account as an AU and you no longer want the tl on your reports.

Worst case scenario you have to file a dispute.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
luckelle
Regular Contributor

What i found is that its the CRAs that dont want to remove the trade line reporting. even if the creditor wants it removed, the CRAs seem to want nothing more than to keep info on you. Another thought is the CRAs like to remain the most relevent out of the tree agencies so, it would seem to benefit them to keep the most infomation on us. my two cents.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.