cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user without reporting to CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user without reporting to CRA?

Is it possible to become an AU but have the account not getting reported to the CRAs?

Also, what happens when you get removed as an AU? Does the account just disappear from your reports? Or does it show up as status "closed" or something

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized user without reporting to CRA?

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it possible to become an AU but have the account not getting reported to the CRAs? Not every CCC will report AU's.

Also, what happens when you get removed as an AU? Does the account just disappear from your reports? Or does it show up as status "closed" or something If you are removed the entire history you had as an AU goes away as if it was never there.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it possible to become an AU but have the account not getting reported to the CRAs?

Also, what happens when you get removed as an AU? Does the account just disappear from your reports? Or does it show up as status "closed" or something

Thanks!

That sounds unusual. I suppose you could dispute the account to CRA's...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

That sounds unusual. I suppose you could dispute the account to CRA's...

Really?  I thought this use-case would be fairly common.  I need to be added as an auth-user for some of my business partner's cards.  Problem is, I don't want the business card usage reporting on my credit report.  Figured there might be a common way to avoid mixing other people's finances with my own, while being able to use their accounts at the same time. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.