Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user

How long does it take to show on your credit report, when someone add you as an authorize user on a credit card?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:
How long does it take to show on your credit report, when someone add you as an authorize user on a credit card?

Welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

It varies from one credit card company to the next, but as a general rule I suspect you will see it report a few days up to a week after the close of your first statement.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Steve23111
Message 3 of 10
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome!

Sometimes cards don't start reporting until two or three (or maybe more?) statement cycles, so don't panic if it doesn't show up right away.

Tell us which card you're wondering about and someone here can almost certainly tell you when it'll show up, down to the minute.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is a Bank of America I was added today online, I just wanted to have a an idea.
Message 5 of 10
sdoonan
Contributor

AMEX puts it on your credit report either on the new statement day or within a business day.

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It should show up wither on the 1st statement cut or 2rd, I would say 1st.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Sonic98
New Contributor

I am an authorized user on someone's Capital One card. I have access to be able to log into their account. They're trying to get a house and car, so when they made a payment on their card, they disputed the balance through the CRAs because Capital One was not reporting the balance on time. Then they decided to make two more payments to actually get the card paid almost completely off. It only took the CRAs a couple days to update the balance originally. Seem to me like her history was showing up on my reports at least by the first time her card was reported after adding me. It might have been sooner.

They wanted to dispute again to make sure all reportings were showing the balance after the two other payments. 2 of them baiscally said a report had already been filed or enough time had not passed, so she had me dispute the balance through one CRA via my credit report. When the results came back the CRAs removed her history from my reports, and when I logged into her account, I was no longer listed as an authourized user.  I added myself back, but it seems to be taking longer or it to be showing up than it did the first time.  She contacted Capital One, and they said they will conctact the CRAs. We're approaching the time her card information is usually updated on her reports, so we will see if they're showing back up or not.

So, what's the usual time with Capital One? 

Message 8 of 10
Sonic98
New Contributor

Ok looks like I was originally added as an authorized user on 07/13/12. I had to add myself  back on 08/13/12. I did the dispute sometime around 08/08/12.  The Capital One card has not been added back to my report as this point. My own Capital one that I was just approved for about a month ago is not either, but I guess that's because a bill has not been due yet. I will check in a couple weeks when her bill is due again.

Message 9 of 10
Sonic98
New Contributor

Their bill has been due again, and the card is still not showing on my credit history. I know they have reported by now

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.