Highlighted

Authorized user

Will Being added as an authorized user affect my credit score either positive or negatively
Epic Contributor

Re: Authorized user

Tpfire12 wrote:
Will Being added as an authorized user affect my credit score either positive or negatively

Depends who and what is adding you to and who or what you have on your credit now.

one with terrible credit getting added to a nice 10+ year old card with a nice credit line that is kept with very low balance, probably help you tons!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue

Credit score is 661 and hers is 710 and the card is about 6 years old on her part
Should this affect my credit score in a positive manner?
I have $1000 available credit and my limits are $3000. Her credit has a $50000 limit with $49000 available
Thank you very much
Epic Contributor

Tpfire12 wrote:
Credit score is 661 and hers is 710 and the card is about 6 years old on her part
Should this affect my credit score in a positive manner?
I have $1000 available credit and my limits are $3000. Her credit has a $50000 limit with $49000 available
Thank you very much

$50k?? with what bank?

Do you have any negatives on your credit?

Is this $2k balance just on 1 card and you don't have others or many cards you have?

Bank of America is her card
My balance is between two cards
I have negatives and no card offers yet
I have two credit cards
Epic Contributor

Tpfire12 wrote:
Bank of America is her card
My balance is between two cards
I have negatives and no card offers yet
I have two credit cards

You *HAVE* or don't have negatives?

Who are your two cards with and what is balance and credit line on those 2?

Thanks
Moderator Emeritus

OK, specifics, since it all depends on the individual tradleine in question:

If that BOFA account has:

• Good limit
  • No lates or other negative information, ever
  • Low balance
  • Longer history than yours

Then take the AU and make certain you do something incredibly nice for the person granting you this favor.

That said, looks like you'd be just fine FICO wise if you simply paid your cards down, ~66% is non-trivial.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.