cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized users question (besides capital one)

tag
Mary4317
Established Member

Authorized users question (besides capital one)

Does anyone know of any other cards besides Capital One, that don't report authorized users as "authorized users" to the credit agencies? How about Walmart and Old Navy?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Previous credit score: 503
Current credit score: 547
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Re: Authorized users question (besides capital one)

Don't try to game the system. No one has the right to have access to any credit. It is only earned by being responsible over time. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 2 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

Don't try to game the system. No one has the right to have access to any credit. It is only earned by being responsible over time. 

What's the difference in what the OP is asking compared to the litany of "how to maximize" score suggestions of paying before the balance posts or leaving all cards at 0, but a single one at 1%?  Or, raise CLs with SPs to lower utility for a better score?

In my view, nothing really wrong with OP's question.  I mean, it's not as the OP is asking for something really onerous, such as MS.

Message 3 of 9
Mary4317
Established Member

Umm ok.  My husband and I share credit card.Thanks for your input? though.

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Walmart and probably Old Navy both report AUs as AUs.  

Message 5 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Mary4317 wrote:

Does anyone know of any other cards besides Capital One, that don't report authorized users as "authorized users" to the credit agencies? How about Walmart and Old Navy?

Thanks Smiley Happy

I am an AU on my wife's CapOne QS and it does report me as AU to all 3 agencies!! I do not know why you are saying CapOne does not do so.

Message 6 of 9
Mary4317
Established Member

My cap 1 reports to my husband and his to me, but not listed as "authorized user"

Message 7 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Mary4317 wrote:

My cap 1 reports to my husband and his to me, but not listed as "authorized user"

Strange...it clearly shows AU in my case in TU and EQ. In the free EX report I have has no section for Individual or Authorized user so I cannot comment.

Message 8 of 9
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

What's the difference in what the OP is asking compared to the litany of "how to maximize" score suggestions of paying before the balance posts or leaving all cards at 0, but a single one at 1%?  Or, raise CLs with SPs to lower utility for a better score?

In my view, nothing really wrong with OP's question.  I mean, it's not as the OP is asking for something really onerous, such as MS.

+1 Agreed. Smiley Happy

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.