Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized users

tag
ashi1989
Established Member

Authorized users

Does anyone know how many authorized users i can put on my bank of america card ? i put my mom father and brother last month to boost the credit score now my brother is 18 and i already have 3 people on my card can i put him to ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized users

@ashi1989 wrote:

Does anyone know how many authorized users i can put on my bank of america card ? i put my mom father and brother last month to boost the credit score now my brother is 18 and i already have 3 people on my card can i put him to ?

One more shouldn't be a big deal, so feel free to slap your brother on there! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
ashi1989
Established Member

the Bank of America can't close my account because i put to many authorized users right ? I have my mother last name and my brothers and father different last name.

Message 3 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

the Bank of America can't close my account because i put to many authorized users right ? I have my mother last name and my brothers and father different last name.

No, certainly not by the amount of authorized users, unless of course you have like 20+ of people from different households across the country Smiley Wink You should be fine, even if some of them may have different last names, since any issuers can easily buy information that contains relative information and household members to double-check if they're legit.

The only issue I can see in your situation is if your authorized users spend a lot more than you do, esp if such spending goes ridiculously over your reported income. However, I don't know of any cases in which BofA has done this.

Message 4 of 9
ashi1989
Established Member

they not using the cards i just ad them so they can boost some credit score. how about capital one you think they will not do anything either ?

Message 5 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

they not using the cards i just ad them so they can boost some credit score. how about capital one you think they will not do anything either ?

Same with Capital One; you'll be fine!

Message 6 of 9
MT936
Established Contributor

If your authorized users are spending more than you and the total charges don't match up with what your income can support, they might get in touch with you. At least this is what amex does not sure about BoA

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to be added as an authorized user on someone's card with a long, positive credit history. I have my credit score up as high as it's going to be without lengthening my average account age. My parents passed on years ago and I have no one else to ask. I'm willing to compensate a friend who would be willing to add me as an authorized user but just cut up the card. All I ask is that they keep the balance low and pay on time. Any ideas?

Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to be added as an authorized user on someone's card with a long, positive credit history. I have my credit score up as high as it's going to be without lengthening my average account age. My parents passed on years ago and I have no one else to ask. I'm willing to compensate a friend who would be willing to add me as an authorized user but just cut up the card. All I ask is that they keep the balance low and pay on time. Any ideas?

If you are asking about tradeline renting, that topic is not allowed on myFICO.   It's unethical and violates our TOS. More and more lenders discount AU TLs, as they want the applicant to have their own credit profile.  

I would suggest starting a thread, detailing your profile so that the knowledgeable people here can give you better advice.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.