Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto CLI Chase

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've read a bunch of threads from people about getting auto CLI'd from Chase I wanted to know is there anything someone could do to improve their chances of getting an auto CLI from them?

Late last month I got Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Slate (CFU first and Slate one day later).  CFU was at $1500 and Slate at $1200.  Not quite a week later, I decided to see about a CLI for the Slate.  Unfortunately it required a HP.  The guy I spoke to said it was all done via the computer.  I told him to do it.  It came back with an approval so Chase Slate went up to $3500.  Since he'd already done a HP, I asked about the Chase Freedom Unlimited.  When he submitted it, it came back it was under review.  About a week later, I got both letters from Chase congratulating me on the CLIs.  Yeah, they bumped Chase Freedcom Unlimited to $3500 as well.

From the comments of others, it looks like Chase does auto CLI, which is good as I don't want to always take a HP, if I don't have to.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase will give an auto CLI but you need to use the card often and push it hard towards the CL.  I was routinely averaging 65%-80% of my SL's each month and after 6 months I got an auto CLI on one card and the next month I got one on a card after 7 months.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase will give an auto CLI but you need to use the card often and push it hard towards the CL.  I was routinely averaging 65%-80% of my SL's each month and after 6 months I got an auto CLI on one card and the next month I got one on a card after 7 months.

MissingCalifornia, thanks for this.  Are you saying to do this each month (yikes!) or over the course of months--i.e. pushing the card's limit?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never came close to my cards limits and still got cli's. The original freedom had an initial purchase that brought it to 50% utilization, but I quickly paid it down. Both my freedom and unlimited were usually reporting under 30% or even under 10%. But they did get a lot of use. Both had clis after 4 statements. I don't think there is a sure way of getting one. I'm hoping for another, but not sure what's going to trigger it. Probably a hard pull. Lol
Message 14 of 17
damac2004
New Contributor

i got chase freedom in april 2014.  i tapped it out pretty much until about a year ago and payed it off.  i have been using it for shopping and paying off right away.  i think i started with $3000 limit and have had a couple automatic cli's which sits at $8000 limit now since i started paying the card off.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Amazon Rewards card since 2011, and the SW premier since 2012.  Both used fairly heavily, and occasionally carried balances near the CR.

Paid them off several times over the years.

Never got an Auto-CLI.  Only one I've ever gotten from Chase is one I requested on the SW Premier Visa.  Went from 3k to 7.5k, but I had to call and debase myself.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a $2k auto CLI on my FU about two months ago and I just noticed today I received a $2k auto CLI on my CSP. In both cases I got to about 10-15% util per month and made big payments resulting in leaving small balances on both cards the last few months. However, I've been using my CSR as my daily driver spending much more and making bigger payments on that account recently. Chase is weird with auto CLI, some get them some don't. Either way they like to see heavy usage and large payments.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.