Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto CLI Chase

So I've read a bunch of threads from people about getting auto CLI'd from Chase I wanted to know is there anything someone could do to improve their chances of getting an auto CLI from them?

So my fiancée has had their freedom card for about 3 years now she got 1 CLI about 2 years ago it was sort of auto it was an offer that came in the mail asking if she wanted an increase that it would be approved. The downside is the card has a 24% APR Smiley Sad

She got the Slate card about 8 months ago and she recently had to quit to take care of our little one because babysitters are really expensive. We've been putting a lot on cards until things are more stable. And her Slate card has 0% APR until 5/2017. So it only made sense to transfer most of her CL from her Freedom to her Slate card mainly to keep it under 30% UT and other reasons.

So now her Freedom has a CL of $1,500 and Slate with $4,800.

We also recently updated her income information to include my income making it nearly double. Just wondering do you think they'll auto CLI if they do?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto CLI Chase

From my experience my first chase card 14 months ago was a freedom witjba SCL of 2500. Since I had the zero apr made some large purchases and carried the balance for those items while slowing paying them down. During that time I used the card heavily for gas during the 5 percent cash back twice and during the restaurant 5 percent back catogry and paid if those uses at every month. If their catogry didn't interest me I didn't use it. 12 months after my approval they bumped me to 6300. Just use it and pay it. Don't get hit with the interest afterwards. Also applied for a CSP last month and they approved me at 10.3k so just take care of them and they will take care of you
Message 2 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Chase rarely gives CLI.. Just updating income to higher income alone ins't going to trigger a higher CLI.  If you are using it and making decent size payments then there is a chance of getting a CLI although chase isn't known to give them to many people wihout one asking and incuring a HP and whether they get on then also depends up credit profile, etc.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use her Freedom card a lot on the rewards category otherwise it's not really worth it. I guess we'll see where it goes. We're using the Slate card for almost everything though maybe they'll bump that one up?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

for chase you may need to take a HP and ask for a credit increase if you really want one. Otherwise you may just be waiting for an auto CLI that may or may ever happen.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Freedom and the ink. I canceled my CSP after having it 10 months or so. In that time I used it heavily for about 3 month and  chase gave me a 1500 dollar CLI. I have since merged the CSP into the Freedom but neither my Ink or Freedoms have gotten CLI.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've read a bunch of threads from people about getting auto CLI'd from Chase I wanted to know is there anything someone could do to improve their chances of getting an auto CLI from them?

So my fiancée has had their freedom card for about 3 years now she got 1 CLI about 2 years ago it was sort of auto it was an offer that came in the mail asking if she wanted an increase that it would be approved. The downside is the card has a 24% APR Smiley Sad

She got the Slate card about 8 months ago and she recently had to quit to take care of our little one because babysitters are really expensive. We've been putting a lot on cards until things are more stable. And her Slate card has 0% APR until 5/2017. So it only made sense to transfer most of her CL from her Freedom to her Slate card mainly to keep it under 30% UT and other reasons.

So now her Freedom has a CL of $1,500 and Slate with $4,800.

We also recently updated her income information to include my income making it nearly double. Just wondering do you think they'll auto CLI if they do?
I have had my Chase Slate since 2007 received one auto cli in 2014 and I used the card a lot. Chase hard to read as far as auto cli go and all request cli's are hard pulls so I have never requested one.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just get today the auto cli from Chase on my freedom, from 6k to 10.5k, in the last months I used the card a lot ( usually 4k/4.5k of 6k), just before statement cut I paid 1k  or 1.5k.

Now I would like to wait the report of the 10.5k maybe could help to get some other cards with same SL.....

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That'll really hurt your UT
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two Chase cards. Freedom and Freedom unlimited. Received auto cli's at 4 months with both. 1k each, but my starting limits were not real high. $1500 and 3k to start. I use those two cards the most. They are pretty much everything but groceries and gas, boa for that. I'm 10 mos on the freedom. 6 mos on the unlimited. Hoping to see some more luv, but hard to say.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.