Reply
Established Member
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-29-2010
0

Auto CLI Discover

Just got notified by Discover that my CL was increased from $6000 to $7800.  Have only been with them since Feb.:smileyhappy:

TU 660 7/21/11;719 6/14/12
EQ 643 8/4/11; 686 6/22/12
EX 667 12/10/11 (creditor pulled)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,052
Registered: ‎02-03-2009
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover

How are you using the card? Do you carry a balance? Have you ever used a BT? I have had the card since 4/11, and never got an auto CLI. Got one CLI when I requested it (Soft pull) but only for $500.


CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (5), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, Diner's Club MC; Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores (5/2015): EQ My Fico: 789; TU MyFico: 777; EX (My Fico): 764
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover

Same here - I just cannot seem to get any luv from Discover. Had the card for a year, and got a $500 CLI bringing my CL to $2k.

 

I am using them this year for the 2% on utilities then I will close them if they do not CLI me further!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎03-22-2008
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover


RockinRay wrote:

Same here - I just cannot seem to get any luv from Discover. Had the card for a year, and got a $500 CLI bringing my CL to $2k.

 

I am using them this year for the 2% on utilities then I will close them if they do not CLI me further!


RockinRay, I wouldn't say that they didn't show you any luv.  They showed you slightly more love than they did cortezthekiller.  You received a 33.3% CLI from your starting limit ($1,500 X .33 = $500).  Cortezthekiller only received a 30% CLI, it just looks like more b/c of the difference in starting CL.


Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover


GST2008 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

Same here - I just cannot seem to get any luv from Discover. Had the card for a year, and got a $500 CLI bringing my CL to $2k.

 

I am using them this year for the 2% on utilities then I will close them if they do not CLI me further!


RockinRay, I wouldn't say that they didn't show you any luv.  They showed you slightly more love than they did cortezthekiller.  You received a 33.3% CLI from your starting limit ($1,500 X .33 = $500).  Cortezthekiller only received a 30% CLI, it just looks like more b/c of the difference in starting CL.


True and I agree something is better than nothing!

 

I am used to having a bit higher limits than that and that is why I made my statement.  :smileyhappy:

 

It would be nice if they would bump me to $5k.... But I am sure that will take a while.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,405
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover

@RockinRay

 

What are the credit limits on your other credit cards? Just wondering, for comparison purposes.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover

[ Edited ]

Here are a few:

 

1. USAA WMC $25,000

2. PenFed Cash Rewards $20,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

4. Nordstrom Siggy Visa $10,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

 

So, I am used to a bit higher limits... Maybe one day.  :smileylol:

 

I am at the point where I may just shread some of the cards with limits less than $5000. Too much trouble to try and manage all of them and if the issuer closes them, I guess I do not care as I am at less than 1% util now.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,405
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover


RockinRay wrote:

Here are a few:

 

1. USAA WMC $25,000

2. PenFed Cash Rewards $20,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

4. Nordstrom Siggy Visa $10,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

 

So, I am used to a bit higher limits... Maybe one day.  :smileylol:

 

I am at the point where I may just shread some of the cards with limits less than $5000. Too much trouble to try and manage all of them and if the issuer closes them, I guess I do not care as I am at less than 1% util now.



Thanks for sharing. Looks like Discover should give you a CLI, not sure why they aren't. Was the $500 CLI auto or by your request? If it was an auto CLI, then maybe you just need to request a CLI yourself. In my own experience, CLI's are more generous when they are customer initiated.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover


kevinjjc wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

Here are a few:

 

1. USAA WMC $25,000

2. PenFed Cash Rewards $20,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

4. Nordstrom Siggy Visa $10,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

 

So, I am used to a bit higher limits... Maybe one day.  :smileylol:

 

I am at the point where I may just shread some of the cards with limits less than $5000. Too much trouble to try and manage all of them and if the issuer closes them, I guess I do not care as I am at less than 1% util now.



Thanks for sharing. Looks like Discover should give you a CLI, not sure why they aren't. Was the $500 CLI auto or by your request? If it was an auto CLI, then maybe you just need to request a CLI yourself. In my own experience, CLI's are more generous when they are customer initiated.


It was auto - I'll try myself early next month as this auto was recent. If approved, great. If not, then I will use the card for the rest of the year for the 2%, then I am done with them. I will call to close and tell them just why I am closing. I'll just use Chase Freedom in their place.

 

This has been a rant of mine on the forums for quite a while! Dang Discover!  :smileyhappy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,405
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Auto CLI Discover

RockinRay, I completely sympathize with you. I'm sure Discover will give you a sizable CLI once you request it. Best of luck to you!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.