Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI Discover

tag
cortezthekiller
Established Member

Auto CLI Discover

Just got notified by Discover that my CL was increased from $6000 to $7800.  Have only been with them since Feb.Smiley Happy

TU 660 7/21/11;719 6/14/12
EQ 643 8/4/11; 686 6/22/12
EX 667 12/10/11 (creditor pulled)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto CLI Discover

How are you using the card? Do you carry a balance? Have you ever used a BT? I have had the card since 4/11, and never got an auto CLI. Got one CLI when I requested it (Soft pull) but only for $500.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Same here - I just cannot seem to get any luv from Discover. Had the card for a year, and got a $500 CLI bringing my CL to $2k.

I am using them this year for the 2% on utilities then I will close them if they do not CLI me further!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 10
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Same here - I just cannot seem to get any luv from Discover. Had the card for a year, and got a $500 CLI bringing my CL to $2k.

I am using them this year for the 2% on utilities then I will close them if they do not CLI me further!

RockinRay, I wouldn't say that they didn't show you any luv.  They showed you slightly more love than they did cortezthekiller.  You received a 33.3% CLI from your starting limit ($1,500 X .33 = $500).  Cortezthekiller only received a 30% CLI, it just looks like more b/c of the difference in starting CL.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 4 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@GST2008 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

RockinRay, I wouldn't say that they didn't show you any luv.  They showed you slightly more love than they did cortezthekiller.  You received a 33.3% CLI from your starting limit ($1,500 X .33 = $500).  Cortezthekiller only received a 30% CLI, it just looks like more b/c of the difference in starting CL.

True and I agree something is better than nothing!

I am used to having a bit higher limits than that and that is why I made my statement.  Smiley Happy

It would be nice if they would bump me to $5k.... But I am sure that will take a while.

Ray

Message 5 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay

What are the credit limits on your other credit cards? Just wondering, for comparison purposes.

Message 6 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Here are a few:

1. USAA WMC $25,000

2. PenFed Cash Rewards $20,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

4. Nordstrom Siggy Visa $10,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

So, I am used to a bit higher limits... Maybe one day.  Smiley LOL

I am at the point where I may just shread some of the cards with limits less than $5000. Too much trouble to try and manage all of them and if the issuer closes them, I guess I do not care as I am at less than 1% util now.

Ray

Message 7 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Here are a few:

1. USAA WMC $25,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

I am at the point where I may just shread some of the cards with limits less than $5000. Too much trouble to try and manage all of them and if the issuer closes them, I guess I do not care as I am at less than 1% util now.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Discover should give you a CLI, not sure why they aren't. Was the $500 CLI auto or by your request? If it was an auto CLI, then maybe you just need to request a CLI yourself. In my own experience, CLI's are more generous when they are customer initiated.

Message 8 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Here are a few:

1. USAA WMC $25,000

3. PSECU Combo $20,000

5. Amex BCE $22,200

6. Chase Freedom $5000

7. Wings Visa $10,000

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Discover should give you a CLI, not sure why they aren't. Was the $500 CLI auto or by your request? If it was an auto CLI, then maybe you just need to request a CLI yourself. In my own experience, CLI's are more generous when they are customer initiated.

It was auto - I'll try myself early next month as this auto was recent. If approved, great. If not, then I will use the card for the rest of the year for the 2%, then I am done with them. I will call to close and tell them just why I am closing. I'll just use Chase Freedom in their place.

This has been a rant of mine on the forums for quite a while! Dang Discover!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Message 9 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

RockinRay, I completely sympathize with you. I'm sure Discover will give you a sizable CLI once you request it. Best of luck to you!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.