Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI on my chase freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto CLI on my chase freedom

Bump

Anyone else see any auto CLI's from their Chase Freedom?   I'm not about to waste a hard on a CLI and have only had my card for 2 months, but I've been pushing over 2x my limit through this card each month with multiple PIF payments as I'm using. I heard they like to see a lot of activity and I like to see a lot of cash back. Smiley Very Happy  Just curious if they might reward me for being so loyal to them in a few months.

Message 11 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I don't have Chase freedom, but my history with Chase United Airmiles is:

Got card in Jan 07 - no auto CLI so I asked in October and got a biggie (there had been a very large score increase in the interim.  I put about 10% of the CL through every month and no auto-CLI, even though it is my lowest CL card.

But I will patiently wait and see what comes this year.  I get an EQ inq dropping off early next year, I might ask come spring
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that doesn't seem very promising. I'm no askin' for it, nope I'm not!  Won't take a hard for that CLI, not until I'm in a house!  It's nice that you atleast got a big CLI when you asked. That makes it worth the inquiry.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have much hope - I wasted a hard so I'm going to recon again since I'm within the 30 days, even though the first rep was crazy and didn't even give me a chance. Chase has never given me an auto-CLI although it's been thrown around that sometimes they do on anniversaries and such.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrr. I'm not wasting a hard on them either.
Message 15 of 22
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
Bump

Anyone else see any auto CLI's from their Chase Freedom?   I'm not about to waste a hard on a CLI and have only had my card for 2 months, but I've been pushing over 2x my limit through this card each month with multiple PIF payments as I'm using. I heard they like to see a lot of activity and I like to see a lot of cash back. Smiley Very Happy  Just curious if they might reward me for being so loyal to them in a few months.

Chase is a strange animal! I have my mortgage with Chase and they were still cheap with the initial credit line. I applied for a second card after 60 days which they quickly opened with a CL of 10K, I then asked them to increase the first card to match, which they did. Which of course required an additional hard.Smiley Surprised

But since my goal was to work on my credit profile this year, I did not mind having more than the usual amount of inq's on my credit reports. It all paid off!Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by ocheosa on 08-03-2008 08:39 AM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ocheosa wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:
Bump

Chase is a strange animal! I have my mortgage with Chase and they were still cheap with the initial credit line. I applied for a second card after 60 days which they quickly opened with a CL of 10K, I then asked them to increase the first card to match, which they did. Which of course required an additional hard.Smiley Surprised

But since my goal was to work on my credit profile this year, I did not mind having more than the usual amount of inq's on my credit reports. It all paid off!Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by ocheosa on 08-03-2008 08:39 AM

I agree in your case, that was worth a hard.  I think after I purchase my home, I will be less shy about taking an inquiry hit for CLI's. How was your experience with Chase when going through the mortgage process? I'm considering trying with them when I'm ready.
Message 17 of 22
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:

I agree in your case, that was worth a hard.  I think after I purchase my home, I will be less shy about taking an inquiry hit for CLI's. How was your experience with Chase when going through the mortgage process? I'm considering trying with them when I'm ready.

Hi,

My initial mortgage was with Wells Fargo (never again). I refi'd 13 mos later with Chase. The underwriting was a breeze! They had good rates and the process was effortless. I just happen to be one of those crazy people who use a loan officer to handle all the paperwork. I pay a fee but its worth it to me. (Not everyone feels the same.) I'd rather have someone else compiling paperwork and making phone calls. The most important is they pull the credit report and shop it around, instead of me calling 5 different banks to only have 5 inq's to go along with it. I've also heard Chase will refi there customers into better rates when the time comes. I plan to look into it in about 3yrs or so, this is why I wanted to work my credit profile now. Needed additional TL's and a few more yrs with my installment loan (car). My goal in the next 3yrs is to move my profile from Good (mid 700's) to Excellent (790-800+).
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ocheosa wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:

Hi,

My initial mortgage was with Wells Fargo (never again). I refi'd 13 mos later with Chase. The underwriting was a breeze! They had good rates and the process was effortless. I just happen to be one of those crazy people who use a loan officer to handle all the paperwork. I pay a fee but its worth it to me. (Not everyone feels the same.) I'd rather have someone else compiling paperwork and making phone calls. The most important is they pull the credit report and shop it around, instead of me calling 5 different banks to only have 5 inq's to go along with it. I've also heard Chase will refi there customers into better rates when the time comes. I plan to look into it in about 3yrs or so, this is why I wanted to work my credit profile now. Needed additional TL's and a few more yrs with my installment loan (car). My goal in the next 3yrs is to move my profile from Good (mid 700's) to Excellent (790-800+).

Excellent. Thanks so much. This was so informative and makes me less intimidated. I lost about 10-15 points from new accounts reporting, but think I'll be back up to the 750-ish mark when I apply.  Which sounds close to where you were. Good luck in getting refi'd at a better rate, I hope it goes as seemless as the first!
Message 19 of 22
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Ok I'm confused... when does Chase auto CLI on the Chase Freedom?  I have had the card since Jan 08 with the low credit limit of $400.  I, of course, never carry a balance, I PIF and I run about $1000 through the card a month.  I don't want to ask for a CLI.  I was hoping to get one at 6 months but nothing.  If I don't get one at my year anniversary, I will SD the card and just use my AMEX Blue Cash exclusively.  I'm just so confused on how they determine eligibility for CLI.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.