Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Auto CLI on my chase freedom

I can't give experience on auto...but after saying a zillion times I would NOT take a hit for the CLI, I bit the bullet yesterday and asked for one. While I had the reps on the phone (spoke to 2 of them) I asked both of them if there was any rhyme or reason to their auto CLI's and they said it was all computer generated. I asked specifically if there was any set time when they review the accounts, say at 6 months or 1 year and they said nope...just randomly computer generated. 

My limit was 1k I was putting between 1500-2000 through it a month and PIF 4-5 times per month in big payments.  It was getting ridiculous and I was getting annoyed with PIF and wait for payment to clear so I could use the card again, etc. So, I called and told them so. Computer CLI me for $300...told them it was a joke and asked for a supervisor. Supervisor came on the phone, told me to hold on and said the "best he could do at this time was raise my limit to $3K."  They also told me to try again once my account has 6 months of history, but I'm not wasting another inquiry on them in 3 more months.

So....if you already have a solid 6 months of history, and you have been pushing over 2x your limit through each month...and you don't mind the inquiry. I'd call them. If you tell them like I did, that you want to use the card more, but you get stuck for several days at a time waiting for payments to post and it's becoming more of an inconvenience to use the card, then a benefit, they will probably up you.
Established Contributor
miahmarie

Re: Auto CLI on my chase freedom

laila08 wrote:
Hi all!!
First of all I am still a little shocked they gave me an increase. That poor card has been sock drawered since april because of the low limit. I started out with 400 CL and I kept getting tired of being afraid of going over or being denied when i used it . Been using my discover card the most. maybe they didn't like that hahaha. Oh well I am glad they saw fit to increase it to 900!! Ok ok its not a lot but hey no hard inq's!!!! Yay!
Still going to ask for another increase around christmas. When my uti will be a lot better.

Congrats on the FREE CLI!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}