Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI's, soft inquiries, and option out

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Auto CLI's, soft inquiries, and option out

When CCC's do internal reviews to determine if a CLI is appropriate, do they typically do soft inquiries, or do they only go off of their own records of your payment history, patterns, etc.?  If they do soft inquiries, are they even able to do this if you have opted out on your reports?

I am thinking about my Hooters card.  My account just turned 6 months old and my next statement should be coming out any day.  Each month for the past 4 months, I have run the card up to 90-95% of CL and the PIF right before the statement date, so the card has seen a lot of action.  However, I was told they only do internal reviews and I have opted out on my reports so I dont' know if they can even do this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto CLI's, soft inquiries, and option out

Normally all banks have their different criteria for CLIs and such. For example, NFCU cares a lot about payment history, while Hooters likes to see a lot of usage on their card.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Hooters right now with the whole financial meltdown and all, but they love usage, so you might have a shot. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

@valley_man0505 wrote:

When CCC's do internal reviews to determine if a CLI is appropriate, do they typically do soft inquiries, or do they only go off of their own records of your payment history, patterns, etc.? 

sometimes internal payment history, sometimes both at lenders discretion and it can vary by card holder.  As we say: YMMV.

If they do soft inquiries, are they even able to do this if you have opted out on your reports?

freezing reports doesn't prevent current lenders from softing.

I am thinking about my Hooters card.  My account just turned 6 months old and my next statement should be coming out any day.  Each month for the past 4 months, I have run the card up to 90-95% of CL and the PIF right before the statement date, so the card has seen a lot of action.  However, I was told they only do internal reviews and I have opted out on my reports so I dont' know if they can even do this. you bet they can!  as can any of your current lenders.

GL with the CLI!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

My new Hooters statement came out today--still no CLI Smiley Sad My account turned 6 months old shortly before the statement date, so maybe next month will be the month.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.